Partnerships Sales Manager - API
Join Firstbase.io to help more founders start companies
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a Partnership Sales Manager to oversee a team of Sales Representatives, setting the foundation for their success. As a player and coach, you’ll be responsible for hiring and developing your team, while working with the VP of Sales and BD to define and support the sales strategy. You will enable your team to drive the long-term success of our channel sales initiatives, and scale our partnerships teams. Your work will contribute directly to our evolving sales playbook.
We are a YC W21 and VC-backed tech startup dedicated to promoting business in the worldwide economy.
We help founders launch in the US from anywhere in the world and access the greatest startup ecosystem on the planet. We have helped launch over 5,000 businesses from more than 160 countries across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our team is distributed globally to better serve our diverse customer base. We believe in creating a level playing field and supporting global talent that's on the rise.
Why you should join
Technology has eliminated borders for almost every industry. More businesses are engaging in global commerce from afar, particularly in the United States. Registering a business, setting it up for commerce, and accessing the banking system in the United States is not a simple feat, especially for international owners.
Firstbase.io is insanely focused on automating, simplifying, and humanizing what it means to launch a company in the United States. We are just getting started and would love your help building a product that helps others pursue their dream.
You will have the following duties
- Define and achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets quotas
- Source qualified opportunities and close partnerships alongside your team
- Develop training programs and processes for the sales team to execute, track, and optimize the customer journey
- Work with key team members in product development, marketing, and operations to develop and execute market strategies and be a key contributor to developing these strategies
- Hire and manage a strong sales team
- Manage the strategy, execution, and integration of new strategic partnerships
- Driving sales process adherence, measurement, and management across teams.
- Manage and maintain our CRM
- Accurately set your team’s pipeline, forecasts, and quota expectations
- Enable the growth & adoption of Firstbase.io within our existing user base
- Establish and maintain active engagement with our current partners
You should meet the following requirements
4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
3-5 years of sales management experience within software/technology
A demonstrated track record of success identifying, negotiating, and winning deals
Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and with external partners
Proven experience utilizing Salesforce CRM and sales tech stack like Sales Engagement Platforms and Outbound Dialing Products
A natural coach, leader, and self-starter
Experience drafting sales compensation plans and tracking activity of sales teams
High integrity and a customer-first mentality
Positive and upbeat phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
Analytical background: you can investigate and understand data to drive action and results
An owner’s mindset and a determination to hustle and get things done
Some perks you might enjoy
- Monthly bonuses
- Work from anywhere; your house, the beach, or a coffee shop
- Remote-first culture
- Get paid in digital currency (optional)
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Take your birthday off, paid
Firstbase.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Current back-end tech stack:
PHP Laravel PostgreSQL Docker (Compose and Swarm) GitLab CI AWS S3 AWS EC2 GreyLog
Current front-end tech stack:
Vue (and Vue-Router) Vuex 3rd party libs for GTM/Stripe/etc.