Partnerships Sales Representative
Join Firstbase.io to help more founders start companies
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a Partnership Sales Representative as a critical part of the sales team. As the face of our burgeoning sales team, you will be responsible for researching, negotiating, and closing partnerships that enhance our customer ecosystem. There are multiple channels that we will sell to, offering significant opportunities to drive our sales performance across our business. Additionally, you will focus on building our partner network and relationships, while contributing to our sales playbook.
We are a YC W21 and VC-backed tech startup dedicated to promoting business in the worldwide economy.
We help founders launch in the US from anywhere in the world and access the greatest startup ecosystem on the planet. We have helped launch over 5,000 businesses from more than 160 countries across a wide spectrum of industries.
Our team is distributed globally to better serve our diverse customer base. We believe in creating a level playing field and supporting global talent that's on the rise.
Why you should join
Technology has eliminated borders for almost every industry. More businesses are engaging in global commerce from afar, particularly in the United States. Registering a business, setting it up for commerce, and accessing the banking system in the United States is not a simple feat, especially for international owners.
Firstbase.io is insanely focused on automating, simplifying, and humanizing what it means to launch a company in the United States. We are just getting started and would love your help building a product that helps others pursue their dream.
You will have the following duties
- Achieve monthly and quarterly sales targets quotas; source qualified opportunities and close partnerships
- Utilize a CRM to accurately manage your pipeline, forecast business, and maintain data integrity
- Enable the growth & adoption of Firstbase.io within our existing user base
- Establish and maintain active engagement with our current partners
- Respond to and qualify incoming inquiries regarding interest in Firstbase.io offerings
- Craft a great first impression to our prospects and customers by adding value during every customer touchpoint
- Partner with cross-functional teams to share customer feedback
- Engage in team development and mentoring
You should meet the following requirements
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ year(s) of work experience; Tech Sales, Consulting or Operations experience at a technology company highly preferred
- A demonstrated track record of success identifying, negotiating, and winning business development deals
- Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and with external partners
- Experience with all aspects of B2B technology sales aspects, including pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, objection handling, and closing opportunities
- An ability to structure, control, and lead calls
- High integrity and a customer-first mentality
- Positive and upbeat phone skills, excellent listening skills, and strong writing skills
- Sales training and Salesforce experience a plus
- Analytical background: you can investigate and understand data to drive action and results
- An owner’s mindset and a determination to hustle and get things done
Some perks you might enjoy
- Monthly bonuses
- Work from anywhere; your house, the beach, or a coffee shop
- Remote-first culture
- Get paid in digital currency (optional)
- 3 weeks of PTO
- Take your birthday off, paid
Firstbase.io is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Current back-end tech stack:
PHP Laravel PostgreSQL Docker (Compose and Swarm) GitLab CI AWS S3 AWS EC2 GreyLog
Current front-end tech stack:
Vue (and Vue-Router) Vuex 3rd party libs for GTM/Stripe/etc.