Director of Product Marketing, SaaS (REMOTE)
$170k - $200k •
We're taking the work out of work orders! Founded in 2014, our mission was to empower technicians, maintenance teams, and facility managers to be more productive through the adoption of new technology.
Today, we have developed a mobile-first, cloud-based solution that is simplifying maintenance requests and asset management across dozens of industries around the world. We're focused on remaining the leading Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on the market by constantly improving our software as a service (SaaS) and always putting our customers first! UpKeep currently employs 70 amazing people that work together to ensure over 200,000 global users achieve their goals! We've been named the #1 Facility Management Software by Gartner & GetApp, #1 for Usability by Software Advice, and Easiest to Use CMMS by G2 Crowd. We've also been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by Built in LA!
After graduating from Y Combinator, we’ve raised $50M in capital funding (Series A & B) from some of the top VC’s in the world including Emergence Capital, Insight Partners, Battery Ventures, and Bain Capital. Only 1% of venture capital is funneled towards the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. We are actively investing in the future of maintenance and the underserved deskless worker.
We are a Y Combinator-backed company (YC W17)
Visit our website to learn more and view our current job openings! https://www.onupkeep.com/
UpKeep is the leading software solution developed to help businesses manage facilities and equipment. We empower our customers by providing a mobile-first SaaS application, cutting edge IoT technology, powerful data analytics tools, top-notch professional services, and advanced enterprise integrations.
We're a California-based tech startup with over 100 team members in the US and thousands of customers around the world! We've been named a "Best Place to Work" several years in a row by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture where everyone has the opportunity make a meaningful impact. We've raised $50 million in venture capital following a recent Series B funding round led by Emergence Capital, Insight Partners, and Y Combinator.
In addition to great benefits and stock options, most roles come with the flexibility work remote.
As UpKeep’s Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for defining product messaging, positioning, market sizing, and solution creation. We’re looking for someone to take UpKeep upmarket by up-leveling our global product marketing strategies.
What you'll do:
- Design, build, and execute new go-to-market strategies cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and RevOps
- Drive launch strategies and the marketing efforts to support GTM delivery and engagement
- Be a strategic partner to the sales organization, helping to define and communicate our value proposition and competitive positioning to target customer segments
- Develop and oversee messaging, working closely with the Product and Customer Success teams, to support product launches and initiatives (e.g., blog posts, emails, FAQs, in-product copy)
- Ensure internal cross-departmental groups are aligned with your launch strategies
- Track efforts of launches and strategize how to achieve key metrics in an ever agile environment
- Develop GTM collateral, sales material, and competitive intelligence information to enable sales and businesses development
- Collaborate with PR, AR, corporate marketing, and events teams on product launches and partner integration activities to drive awareness and demand
- Understand market trends and competitors that enable you to develop differentiated marketing strategies and inform product decisions to increase our market presence and penetration
- Act as the voice of the customer, deeply knowing marketer and agency planners needs/requirements in order to prioritize recommendations to product and engineering teams
- Become a market expert on UpKeep's current and future buyers, how they buy, and their buying criteria
- Communicate the value of new products and features to the sales team and develop sales communications tools (e.g., webpages, slide decks, one-pagers, etc.) that educate product experts on customer personas and the buyer's journey to best position UpKeep against our competitors
- Extract meaningful and actionable insights based on customer interviews, feedback, and data to understand customer needs, experiences, and expectations
- Conduct ongoing analysis of competitors messaging and marketing to stay ahead of the curve and ensure clear differentiation
- Collaborate with customer success and sales to capture customer stories and references for internal training and external use
- Lead a team tasked with creating content and compelling messages across various marketing channels
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of Marketing experience, with 3-5 years in B2B SaaS product marketing
- Proven experience in managing SaaS product launches, and relevant activities and content for blogs, press and analyst relations
- Proficient with SaaS analytics, and the ability to define, collect, and analyze metrics that guide business decisions
- You have a true curiosity around customer personas, challenges, and behaviors
- You can identify innovative ways to deliver content, rally people behind your vision, and motivate cross-departmental collaboration in an effort to successfully launch a campaign
- Experience in multiple market segments and go to market motions (product led, SMB, Mid Market, Enterprise), with a solid understanding of how each works together
- Field Service, Deskless Workforce, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, Enterprise Asset Management experience is a plus
- Experience managing and mentoring marketing managers is a plus
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing is a plus
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, FSA, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed a mobile-first solution could significantly improve the workflow and productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned to write code, and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014, while living in his parents garage.
Today, our cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) and cutting edge IoT technology is modernizing the way thousands of businesses around the world maintain their facilities and equipment. Customers love UpKeep's mobile-first application because it gives them the ability to manage projects, teams, and work orders on-the-go. We're replacing tedious paperwork and cumbersome spreadsheets so technicians can focus on the work that matters most. We also provide advanced reporting tools and powerful integrations which enable managers to make data-driven decisions that improve efficiency and decrease costs.
UpKeep is a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software geared for deskless technicians in industries like manufacturing, energy, healthcare, transportation, fitness, education, government, construction, building, and property management. With over 1,500 positive customer reviews, we're the market leader on Gartner, G2, GetApp, and Capterra,
Following our Series B in 2020, we've raised $50 million in VC funding led by Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, Mucker, and Y Combinator (YC W17). These investors recognized that only 1% of venture capital has been invested in technology for the deskless workers who make up over 80% of the global workforce! We're giving back to those underserved workers by making it easier for them to do their jobs and celebrating the meaningful work they do.
Company culture, employee appreciation, career development planning, and DEI are very important to us— which is why UpKeep has been named a "Best Place to Work" several years in a row.
Interested in learning more?
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Native iOS (Objective-C & Swift) Native Android (Java) Frontend (Angular 1 and React) Backend (Node, MongoDB and Postgres) Hosted on AWS managed by mLab