Head of Product Design
PickTrace is a fast growing software company that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. Founded by brothers Austin and Harrison Steed, PickTrace is building the farm management system of the future.
PickTrace builds powerful software products that help agriculture companies thrive. Our workforce and harvest management software helps growers gain insight into their operations and improve their operational efficiency. Everything that we do is based on the conviction that we succeed when our customers build a more efficient, compliant, and profitable operation.
WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up backed by YCombinator, that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever changing, and we it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower to up-level all members of the team around them.
You could combine your passion for design & research with delivering solutions that directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace we're working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we're looking for a Head of Product Design to help build the farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Design organization.
This role will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Lead and inspire our Design team by creating a cohesive culture focused on collaboration, and making data-driven and user-centric decisions.
- Help influence and drive the product strategy and vision by creating a design culture that consistently delivers high-quality design work and design process best practices.
- Partner with the CPO to develop a design-focused culture throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and other cross-functional teams to acceleratie the creation, development, and iteration of our product.
- Champion fast iteration, deep user research, and broad experimentation.
- Continuously develop our design system and component library.
- Conduct research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and methodologies
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs.
- Maintain visual and brand consistency across all our digital platforms
- Assist in brand strategy and creative direction
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7+ years of product design experience
- 5+ years of experience leading, mentoring, and developing other designers
- Ability to influence a strong design culture and align overall business to design best practices
- Strong design leadership and successful track record of executing and managing the entire design lifecycle
- Understands how to lead designers by leveraging the teams’ talents to solve problems, and actively communicates opportunities, insights, and problems to ensure cohesion
- Ability to evaluate and develop design talent through strong coaching and mentoring
- Identify and unlock untapped potential
- Create clear career paths
- Clear and engaging storyteller that varies from casual conversations to presentations to the board of directors
- Ability to adjust communication styles as necessary
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
- Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
- Curiosity - You have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
- Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
- Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
- Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
- Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
- Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
- Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
- Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
- Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this seems like you, we'd love to meet you!
We are building out a microservices architecture utilizing golang, python, firebase, kubernetes, GCP, pubsub, websockets & react frontend