As a Data Scientist in NextPay, you will be utilizing the vast data set generated by our customers through their daily transactions within the NextPay platform and its social media accounts. The goal is to use this data to produce creative solutions and have a positive impact to the business that is aligned to NextPay’s purpose. Through the data analysis you produce, the team will be able to make faster and more accurate decision-making for accelerated growth.
You will work cross-functionally with internal team and external partners to complement business strategy with your analytical expertise. You will be part of a team that is rapidly growing, looking for team members who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use rich data to tackle meaningful business problems.
What you gotta do
- Think out of the box to brainstorm innovative ways to leverage our unique data and to predict, prevent, and solve business problems
- Communicate with stakeholders to understand the challenges they face and present clear data to convince them of necessary strategies and solutions
- Apply quantitative analysis and data mining to extract, capture, and understand data to form an opinion on how to best help our clients, and arrive at relevant insight for strategies in customer interaction
- Develop visualizations to make your complex analyses easier to understand
- Work with different teams and external partners to provide comprehensive solutions
- Own projects that are responsible in tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development of regular reports
- Analyze external and internal customer data using different platforms, such as Mixpanel, Metabase, etc., to arrive at actionable insights and further enhancement of customer experience
- Advise other teams, such as Product, Operations, Finance, and Marketing, as the knowledge-owner for customer and market data
- Help enhance data reporting platforms with the aim of making it usable even for non-data analytics team members
Our ideal candidate has
- 2+ years of work experience in data-based decision-making roles or similar
- A Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field, such as Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or other related fields
- Experience with extracting and aggregating data from large data sets such as SQL or other tools
- Competence in Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau
- Proven experience in applying Data Science in one or more of the following areas: Business Development, Customer Experience, Finance Operations, and other related fields
- Knowledge in Mixpanel and Metabase (Bonus points!)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced start up environment (Fintech experience is a huge bonus!)
What you get
- You will receive a competitive salary, HMO benefits, and employee stock options as well as extra benefits that our team enjoys, like Foodie Friday treats, Team Socials, and valuable learning opportunities at events
- You will be challenged to grow and succeed in your role.
- You will learn about the fundamentals of creating a kick-ass product can impact thousands
- You will experience a modern start-up environment that thrives on great team culture
Perks of the Job
Remote work dynamic
We’re a remote-first company and thrive on this working dynamic. When the pandemic concludes, we’ll still be mostly remote, with in-person meetings once or twice a week. No need to endure the Metro Manila traffic, or long lines at ATMs during payday (because that’s literally one of the things we address).
Unlimited paid time off
We work our butts off. That’s why it’s important to get away to clear your mind from time to time. Or sometimes, you need that one-off trip to the doctor (or the vet). Either way, we totally understand.
Grow with a kickass team
We’re a company that knows how to build great customer-centric products. That means we value quality work, creativity, collaboration, and continuous growth. We make sure that our team members feel challenged and valued while continuously building on their career path.
We have a team cat 🐈
You’re more than welcome to receive pictures of our chonky little team cat and see her during meetings. Not a cat person? Bring your dog along! We love pets.