JITX was founded with the mission to fully automate hardware design to advance science and the welfare of humanity. Our vision is to transform the hardware industry by building a hardware development platform where users just specify design goals and have all the detailed engineering handled by automated software. Located in Berkeley, CA, we are a profitable seed-stage startup, backed by Sequoia Capital and Y Combinator. We’re building the tool that engineers have wanted for a long time. Come help us do it!
Skills: C++, Java
JITX is a way to design circuit boards faster, better, and with fewer errors. Instead of manually drafting and reviewing one-off designs, write code to generate designs programmatically. Our AI-powered solvers handle the low-level details, and make your engineering work massively reusable. Our vision at JITX is to automate hardware design for the benefit of science and the welfare of humanity. JITX is a team that is building next generation software to help companies design better electronics. Dedicated to solving difficult problems with huge impact, our first step is to automate circuit board design.
- Hands-on generalist software engineer with an emphasis in programming language design, compilers, and data representations.
- Must be creative and adept at problem formulation for complex features.
- Needs strong knowledge in algorithms, data structures, and asymptotic complexity.
- Experience with statically-typed functional programming is a plus.
- Needs to be a responsible engineer: will take ownership of large features, determine proper staging, architect for reliability, and push to production in a small fast coding environment.
- Education: PhD, MS, or BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or comparable education.
Note: Hardware Background not required for this role.
Behind the scenes, you might assume a very 2D array of pins and routes but with the JITX topography router, we are not using the traditional 90 or 45 degrees!
JITX has their own unique Tech Stack! The Stanza programming language was designed to help programmers tackle the complexity of architecting large programs and significantly increase the productivity of application programmers across the entire software development life cycle.