$60k - $65k •
Arthena is a YC ‘17 company that quantitatively analyzes, prices, and invests in art. We’re a small but growing team dedicated to helping people make data-driven decisions in the antiquated and inefficient art market.
Skills: SQL, Data Analytics
Arthena is on a mission to quantify the qualitative. We use machine learning and natural language processing to price art objectively and accurately. This allows us to provide individual and institutional investors the confidence to invest in this alternative asset class.
As a Data Analyst you will work between the engineering and business development teams to address data quality issues and investigate creative ways to improve Arthena’s internal databases. You will assist the BD team by conducting statistical analyses using SQL and Python on art market trends and write up comprehensive reports for external communications. We are seeking an analyst with start-up experience who is excited about working with products that are within a greenfield.
Your Main Tasks
- Identify, explore causes of, and address systematic data quality issues within Arthena Databases.
- Understand edge cases within data and create comprehensive test cases to serve as benchmarks for data quality.
- Create and enhance feature transforms within Arthena’s codebase.
- Identify areas of improvement or optimization within Arthena’s feature transforms.
- Apply domain knowledge via SQL queries to identify data quality issues.
- Create one-off figures in SQL and Python for the operations team.
- Maintain Arthena’s internal databases.
- Perform statistical analyses using SQL and Python on art market trends and write up comprehensive reports for external communications
- Communicate insights and results from analysis to stakeholders across Arthena Teams
- Assist with other operational duties as needed.
Who you are
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in analytics and data visualization
- Strong attention to detail
- Multitasking ability to juggle projects and prioritize both long term projects and urgent requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate technical information
- Ability to tackle and break down complex problems
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally between teams
- SQL proficiency
- Familiarity with Python or a willingness to learn
Who we are
Arthena is a venture-backed investment and research firm that leverages quantitative-driven pricing to execute on a basket of strategies and financial products related to the art market. As leaders in pricing the $60B+ art market, we understand how important it is to be able to scale and invest in art in an automated fashion. We use our proprietary data to build a variety of financial products for the art market with a fast feedback loop, providing our clients with data-driven insights to help hedge against the underlying risk of this alternative asset class and make educated investment decisions.
Perks + Benefits
- Salary: $60K - $65K (Based on experience)
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Snacks and team bonding events (Virtual and In-Person)
- Flexible scheduling and option for remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
Arthena is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Python, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit, Postgres, Tensorflow, Seaborn, Matplotlib, D3
React, Webpack, Apollo/GraphQL, Node.js, Postgres, Redis, Mongo, Puppeteer, jsdom, Jest, Express
Google Cloud Container Service, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Redis, nginx