Armory accelerates software deployment velocity through automation and safety
...while expediting 'time to value' and boosting developer efficiency.
As enterprises move from data centers into the cloud, break monoliths into microservices, and look to deploy workloads to the optimal multi-cloud target environment (and generally move faster, safely), they'll need Armory's enterprise Spinnaker distribution, which enables sophisticated multi-cloud deployment strategies that leverage advanced features like: 1-click rollbacks, automated canaries, certified deployment pipelines, automated load testing, SLA-driven rollouts/rollbacks, red/black deployments, chaos engineering and flexible deployment pipelines.
- Armory is enterprise Spinnaker. We help our customers accelerate their global deployment velocity through automation & safety. Here's an overview.
Install and use Armory Spinnaker for free
- Our Enterprise Edition includes additional enterprise features & support detailed here.
We’re looking for a Vice President of Human Resources that can be a true thought and business partner to our CEO, COO, Vice President of Finance and Executive staff as we scale the company.
We are capturing an opportunity to help the world unlock innovation through software. Our ideal candidate has extensive experience scaling software companies through hyper-growth while building an intentional culture that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Provide leadership and guidance for all human resources support across the business on the most complex issues, supporting staff, managers and executives in all related areas and regions including: diversity/inclusion, recruitment, performance management, compensation and rewards, staff relations, and people development.
- Partner with the CEO, COO, VP Finance and senior leaders to develop optimal organizational structures that support growth and scale.
- Drive the on-going buildout of the Lattice performance management at Armory, ensuring that job descriptions, performance standards, and performance evaluation processes promote operational excellence and accountability.
- Design the on-going process and execution of employee onboarding, training and development programs to improve staff skills, leadership competencies, communication, and effectiveness.
- Build, support and grow a diverse and inclusive organization
- Participate actively in strategic and operational planning with the Finance team.
- Help build more effective cross-departmental collaboration and internal communications across the organization.
- Design and implement on-going improvements to talent management strategies and programs including recruitment, training and development, engagement, retention, and succession.
- Continually assess HR policies, procedures, and programs. Recommend, communicate, and oversee implementation of new legislation, internal process, and creative ideas as needed or as market demands.
- Utilize experience and data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change
- Oversee effective use of tools and systems to collect, maintain, and analyze personnel data. Translate relevant employee data into insights which drive action plans at appropriate levels.
- Oversee the organization’s compliance with all legislation pertaining to personnel matters. Maintain knowledge of industry trends, employment legislation, and cost efficient solutions.
- Collaborate with our VP Finance to design and implement the organization's compensation and benefits strategy including bonus programs, using external and internal benchmarking and ROI analysis.
Needs for the Role
- A minimum of 10+ years experience in an HR leadership position.
- Experience leading an HR function in high-growth technology companies
- Experience building and managing highly productive HR and Recruiting teams.
- Strong understanding of the interviewing process, benefits administration, payroll, and other operational functions.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
Wants for the Role
- 15+ years of experience in progressive human resources management and operational roles.
- Startup and founding HR experience a very big plus!
- Experience with California employment laws is a bonus.
- HR Certification (SHRM, HRCI)
Why join Armory?
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
At Armory, our concept of diversity is broad. We understand that diversity comes in many forms and includes age, socioeconomic status, educational background, ethnic identity and national origin, marital and familial status, gender expression and identity, transgender status, disability status, religious affiliation, sex and sexual orientation, veteran status, neurodivergence, citizenship, and mental health status.
As we build a company that is both diverse and inclusive, we are also working on the way we communicate. There are challenges, stumbling blocks, and failings, but we are committed to learning and improving to make Armory a welcoming company. Here is a blog post from Armory’s CEO sharing his perspective of being an accomplice, and not just an ally in ensuring diversity and inclusion at Armory.
Armory is a Series C startup backed by B-Capital, Insight, Crosslink Capital, Y Combinator (W17), Bain Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners based in San Mateo, CA. We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So, we are building a platform that unlocks collaboration between your Dev, Sec, and Ops teams and tools, from Code to Cloud. Built on Spinnaker, our Policy-Driven Deployments enable you to innovate with speed & safety. Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive.