Product Support & Technical Configuration Specialist
Our goal is to empower local government employees with the tools, technology, and support they need so they can deliver exceptional service to their taxpayers and feel proud of the work they do for their communities. We contribute by building software to streamline local government tax assessors’ workflows using AI. Specifically, we streamline the change of ownership process for real estate and create more seamless ways for tax offices to communicate digitally with their taxpayers.
For instance, when properties get bought and sold, local governments have to process reams of paper in order to update their systems and perform the analyses necessary to update the tax roll. Our software makes this process 10x faster and much more enjoyable for employees in the tax office to complete, and creates trust and goodwill in the minds of taxpayers.
Salary: $18k – $25k USD +Equity +Benefits
We're building software to help public servants in county governments save time and money by using AI to streamline processing of real estate sales. This matters because property taxes drive local government revenues and support the services that power society.
We are actively looking for a teammate who is excited to become a technical expert in our product and provide empathetic and effective support to users of our product. The teammate who takes this role will take ownership of providing system configuration and technical support to our team and customers.
This is a fantastic formative opportunity, working full-time on a fully remote team at a YC-backed startup founded by Stanford grads. You’ll work closely with our Customer Success team to implement successful product configuration. You will provide ongoing customer training and support through email and Intercom. This work is high impact; your work with customers will drive their success.
Please Note: This position requires overlap with our US team. You must be available to work until 11am-8pm EST Monday-Friday.
- Work closely with Customer Success peers to understand customer needs and translate these needs into a successful product configuration
- Own all technical configuration work associated with onboarding new customers
- Make product configuration changes on an ongoing basis to ensure customer needs are being met
Provide ongoing customer training and support through email and Intercom by:
- Investigating complex customer questions and issues
- Tracing data flows between systems
- Reporting bugs to engineering team
- Proposing new customer processes in the context of Just Appraised’s product
What We Value
- Proficiency with JSON, Python, & version control tools like Git
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and highly non-technical individuals
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Patience and empathy for non-technical customers
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in fields such as Computer Science, Economics, Biology, Statistics, Psychology, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics
- Proficiency with data structures, databases, SQL
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive environment. We are looking for teammates who care about encouraging different points of view, engaging in healthy debate, and want to work on the hard skills of practicing inclusion on a daily basis.
We use a variety of technologies depending on the use case: Java, React, Python (Tensorflow), C#/.Net