Chief Medical Officer
Bodyport is building a virtual cardiac clinic to help keep patients with heart disease healthy and in their homes. The clinic is built around our novel cardiovascular sensing scale and predictive algorithms that detect early subclinical changes in cardiac function. We’re initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).
Bodyport is a virtual cardiac clinic aimed at reducing the burden of heart disease through personalized, evidence-based care. In just one daily step, our novel sensors and algorithms predict changes in health status, enabling early, optimized interventions that significantly improve outcomes. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6 million Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year). Bodyport is backed by leading investors including Initialized Capital, Playground Global, Boehringer Ingelheim, Y Combinator, and Rock Health.
As Chief Medical Officer, you will help ensure Bodyport’s product and commercial strategies are guided by sound clinical insight and rigorous scientific validation. You will represent Bodyport in the medical and scientific community through research publications and presentations and be a leading voice for the product among providers and payers. You will provide oversight of clinical strategy, helping to drive the science that makes Bodyport the standard of care. You will help inform the development of Bodyport’s virtual care services, driving improved outcomes and facilitating the shift toward value-based healthcare.
Your role at Bodyport:
- Provide medical oversight to decisions made in all areas of the company’s operation
- Ensure coordination between clinical, regulatory, and care teams at Bodyport
- Help build and establish Bodyport's virtual heart failure clinic
- Provide input to help guide clinical operations and regulatory strategy
- Represent Bodyport at customer and partner meetings
- Publish results from clinical studies and present findings at major conferences
- Forge strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and medical advisory board
- Remain current with the latest medical research and literature
- Help ensure Bodyport delivers safe and effective care
- Support business development and sales and help establish partnerships with healthcare customers (providers, payers, and drug manufacturers)
You'd be a fit if you have:
- 5+ years of clinical experience as a practicing cardiologist
- Excitement for new medical technology and models of healthcare delivery
- A focus on quality improvement and outcomes driven value-based care
- Previous experience in a corporate or startup role is a plus
- Published manuscripts in digital health or cardiology
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
We want you to know
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter - this is where you can really state your case for why you).
We are committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Bodyport’s cardiovascular sensing weight scale and predictive algorithms detect early changes in cardiac function to help prevent avoidable hospitalizations. Bodyport is initially targeting heart failure, a chronic condition affecting over 6M Americans and a leading cause of hospitalizations (1M/year) and healthcare spending ($35B/year).
Bodyport’s novel scale measures cardiac output, congestion, heart rate, and other leading indicators of cardiovascular health — all in the same step patients already take to weigh themselves. Companion algorithms and software empower care teams to quickly identify at-risk patients and remotely optimize their therapy to prevent deterioration.