Whatnot is a community marketplace where you can buy, sell, go live and geek out with collectors and other like-minded people. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot verifies every item sold and provides a fun social shopping experience to enjoy with friends and community members.
Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, including Y Combinator, Scribble.vc, Liquid 2 Ventures, and Wonder Ventures.
Whatnot is a community-driven marketplace for anyone to safely buy, sell, and trade through social interactions like live streaming, groups, and more. Whatnot is backed by some of the industry’s best venture capital investors, and looking to grow. If enabling creators to make a living off their passion and building the future of social commerce gets you excited, please reach out!
About the role
As a foundational member of the design team, we're looking for a passionate Product Designer that possesses extraordinary visual and interaction design skills and well-versed in the user-centered design process to solve complex problems. You carry a positive mindset, thrive in a hyper-growth environment, and eager to learn from others.
What you'll do
- Design intuitive, human-centric flows, and experiences on iOS and Android
- Collaborate closely with engineering to design and build new features
- Evaluate and recommend design solutions and help guide team decision making
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and visuals to bring your design to life
- Deliver pixel-perfect mockups and design specs while maintaining design quality in shipped product
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive alignment around your design direction
- You have 4+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products
- You have an impressive portfolio demonstrating strong UI/UX design, prototyping, visual design, typography, and visual hierarchy
- You love exploring new and existing paradigms to add to your repertoire of ideas and solutions.
- You are exceptionally curious about technology, design, product, and people You never feel done learning your craft
- You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form.
- You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers
- You have experience facilitating discussions with the product and engineering team to drive strategy and execution
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until it's pixel-perfect
- You have excellent organization and time management skills
- You have a strong willingness to learn with a lack of ego
- You want to do the best work of your life
- Experience with user research and testing
- Flexibility and willingness to pivot to new priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Marketplace experience
- Experience with motion, illustration, or brand design
- Excitement for the Livestream auction space
- You have a sense of humor :)
- Top-quality healthcare benefits
- Flexible parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Expense lunch, internet & cell phone
- Dog-Friendly HQ in Marina Del Rey
- Generous workstation budget
- Highly competitive compensation
- Generous Equity
Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes, Serverless
Databases: Postgres, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis
Backend: Python (Flask), Node, Elixir
Front-End React, React Native, Swift, Kotlin