Senior Product Manager (software)
BillionToOne has developed a DNA molecular counter that increases the cell-free DNA diagnostics resolution by over 1,000 fold. We are the only technology platform that can detect single-gene disorders in an unborn baby from maternal blood and that can accurately quantify copy number variation (CNV) changes in cancer patients. Our first product, UNITY, is the only NIPT that accurately detects single gene disorders such as cystic fibrosis and sickle cell in the baby from a blood test of the mother. UNITY covers all inherited disorders that every pregnancy needs to be tested for and has 98.5%+ sensitivity and 99%+ specificity.
BillionToOne has recently raised a large Series A funding from global institutional investors, including from Hummingbird Ventures, NeoTribe Ventures and Y Combinator: https://www.genomeweb.com/molecular-diagnostics/prenatal-testing-firm-billiontoone-closes-15m-series-financing
Check out a simplified introduction to our technology and its potential to transform molecular diagnostics:
Do you want to join one of the fastest-growing molecular diagnostics startups and develop products that can affect the lives of millions?
BillionToOne (Y Combinator S17) is looking for a Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager to lead and manage the software development that enables more streamlined laboratory processes and automation, internal tools for clinical ops and commercial team, and physician/patient portals to share test results. This is an extremely impactful role at BillionToOne, as the leader/owner of multiple products that will make an impact across different departments. You'll work closely with the engineering team as well as operational and commercial departments to deliver a wide range of highly impactful products. As a rapidly growing company, your role and responsibility will also grow quickly as the company scales. This position reports directly to SVP of Product.
If you have experience building software solutions to solve messy, real-world problems (such as e-commerce logistics, complex workflow automation, etc.), want to ship products that can literally change people's lives, and thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, this would be a perfect opportunity for you.
- Solve problems for end users: We are looking for problem solvers who can emphasize with users and devise a true solution to their problems using software and non-software solutions. Solving problems for end users is the biggest responsibility of this position.
- Design streamlined solutions: for both internal tools and external portal products, the goal is to deliver the most streamlined and delightful user experience to get the complex tasks done. You'll be the main person driving the workflow design
- Agile product development: You'll organize and facilitate sprint meetings, break down engineering tasks to appropriate stories, facilitate daily stand-ups, and manage the software deployment process from the build, test, change control, to release.
- Continuous iterations and improvements: As the product owner, you are the biggest advocate for the users. You are responsible for monitoring the key metrics, user behaviors and complaints, and identify areas of improvement.
- 3-8 years of experience in product management (title & compensation commensurate with experience)
- Experience driving product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Experience with agile development and shipping products from start to finish
- Product management experience in healthcare products or products that involve complex logistical handling is strongly preferred
MBA or another advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in an engineering or biology-related field is a plus.
Software tech stack
- Django / django rest framework
DNA sequencing tech stack
- Illumina high throughput sequencing
- Sanger sequencing
- Genome Analysis Toolkit / samtools / bedtools