Business Development Representative (BDR)
$40k - $60k • 0.10% - 0.25%
TyltGO is a fast-growing startup. We move quickly and adapt to situations as they come. We need like-minded individuals with a passion for problem-solving and a drive to work on a project through to completion. To be apart of TyltGO, you need to work for the vision and rewards will follow. Most importantly, we need team players that genuinely want to help, have good morale, and a sense of compassion.
Tyltgo is seeking a bright, energetic Business Development Representative (BDR)! As the first BDR, you will be tasked with engaging in new sales and building customer relationships. You will oversee the entire sales cycle of our merchant partners, from lead generation to ongoing relationship management. You will be working to refine our sales and onboarding process by collaborating closely with the operations team and engineering to ensure we deliver the best-in-class merchant experience every day.
This is a full sales cycle role – you are closing customers in a short sales cycle environment. The primary responsibility of the sales role is to conduct targeted outreach campaigns, qualify the right customer, build the proposal, and close a signed contract. The goal every day is to enable, drive and elevate the company’s position and accelerate penetration into the Ontario market.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive new business by generating lists of prospects and conducting targeted outreach campaigns with outbound calls, emails and social platforms focusing on SMBs.
- Conduct discovery calls to assess if the merchant is a fit.
- Pitching Tyltgo and its value to potential customers and tailoring the pitch to the prospect’s needs.
- Follow up and qualify inbound leads that have engaged in various marketing campaigns.
- Nurture and build relationships with long-term prospects.
- Maintain a high sales activity volume with daily Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for targeted calls and emails.
- Facilitate feedback to different areas of the company’s business regarding client needs, business opportunities, and marketing/sales programs.
- Collaborate with the team to share best practices and playbooks.
We're looking for someone with:
- 2-4 years of professional sales experience, preferably in a similar BDR/SDR role.
- Be experienced in all stages of the sales process, from prospecting to closing.
- Understand how to navigate the close process.
- Ability to be on the phone and sending emails 90% of the day.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written); Excellent probing and listening skills.
- Strategic, organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Love to be in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and determined to be successful and are motivated by results and the success of your customers, colleagues and yourself!
Nice-to-haves / Okay-not-to-haves:
- Experience with Google Sheets, MS Office, and HubSpot.
- Prior start-up experience with a desire to understand all aspects of the business, from marketing and sales to product development.
- Proven track record of quota attainment and achievement of KPIs.
If this sounds exciting to you:
- We can't wait to hear from you. Please submit your application below!