Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential.
Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest-growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons, and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% to novel offline retail potential. One of the many reasons Caper is able to innovative world-changing products is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management.
- Coordinating within projects and teams to make sure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, schedules, and delivery better results
- Work closely with stakeholders to provide strategic thinking and balance the needs of all teams in order to reach project goals
- Constant communication, starting at the early stage of a project, with all key stakeholders to ensure project alignment as well as expectations
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients
- Help lead the development of new projects based on understanding of our clients’ needs
- Conducting a post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Working with operations unit to identify and establish ongoing project protocols
- 4+ years of relevant, project management experience in technology companies or in house creative/design/production team
- Having worked with engineering / product / sales / operations / finance teams
- Previous experience with hardware products
- Ability to use different project management platforms, including Jira
- Previous client facing experience required, this role would also require commuting to client sites out of state
- Highly prefer experience working with complex operations such as opening new stores or launching physical -technology hardware into stores
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary and equity offerings
- Attractive Health Benefits
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
Please apply using link: https://recruiterflow.com/caper/jobs/105
Harder + Software + Database Integration + ML + CV
Java, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Microservices