Human Resource Generalist
Caper builds intelligent shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to detect and identify items (with cameras mounted in the cart) as they are added to the basket. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is a plug-and-play integration for stores. Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company, with already launched pilots and a rapidly expanding customer base. E-commerce is only 8% of total retail, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped potential.
Caper is currently backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for a founding employee who will add to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailer can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Google, Walmart, Instacart, Plated, and Albertsons with over $13M in funding to date. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision - to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry.
A successful candidate will be excited about doing whatever it takes to enable coworkers. Based in our New York office, you will deliver HR services to the Caper team across our US offices in New York and remote workers.
- Build talent sourcing strategies while bolstering our existing channels and tracking systems
- Identify and proactively build relationships with talented, potential future team members.
- Modify and implement efficient and scalable recruiting processes
- Completely manage the full cycle recruiting process for Engineering, Product and Go-to-market roles (Customer Success, sales, and marketing).
- Review applicants and interview them
- Align with the professional development and management teams to present a seamless talent narrative for candidates and employees
- Provide guidance to managers and leadership to understand and resolve case-by-case personnel issues
- Manage HR orientation and onboarding for all new employees, and offboarding for departing employees
- Train employees on various HR topics such as benefits, performance management, anti-harassment, wellness and mental health
- Manage and make improvements to employee benefits including health insurance, HSA, commuter benefits, 401(k), and COBRA
- Develop, maintain, and ensure adherence to HR policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations
- Assist with visa application processing (e.g. H-1B, L-1, J-1)
- Proactively improve HR processes to achieve scale in our rapidly-growing North American operation
- Analyze regional HR data to provide insights to the regional leadership team
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to build trust in the organization and the Human Resources function
- Collaborate with the global HR team to roll out coordinated initiatives
- Take ownership of specific projects or initiatives as directed by the Chief of Staff
What We Look For:
- 3+ years of experience working in HR roles, preferably in tech start up environment
- Bachelor’s degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Future Work Flexibility: Option to work from home on some days
Please apply by going to: https://recruiterflow.com/caper/jobs/116
Harder + Software + Database Integration + ML + CV
Java, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Microservices