Recurrency is building the automated enterprise. Our product is the world's first enterprise optimization system (EOS), a machine learning application that integrates with a legacy enterprise resource planners (ERP) like SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, or Epicor, and provides the user with recommendations on how to better buy, manage, price, and sell their inventory. Our customers are wholesalers, ranging from family-owned distributors to the Fortune 500. Despite being a multi-trillion dollar industry, wholesale distribution has a striking lack of software to support even basic operations, with most ERPs dating to the 1990s. Located in Los Angeles and supporting a fully-remote team, we are a well-funded seed-stage startup, backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Lachy Groom, and Y Combinator.
What we're looking for
The space we're going after is about as archaic as it gets when it comes to design. We want our company to be differentiated by its attention to detail and design. We're looking for someone who is excited to own this effort, reset the standard for an entire industry, and lay the groundwork for Recurrency to be an innovator in enterprise software design.
As our Founding Designer, will immerse yourself in the problem space and act as the ultimate user advocate. How do you make the complex feel simple in an industry driven by spreadsheets? How do you win and keep users' trust with this scary "artificial intelligence" thing? You will drive the execution required to answer these questions (and many more) as the point-person for UI and UX.
- Implement and iterate on new features and enhancements in our dashboard
- Partner with our product & design team to design the user flows and features
- Work with the data team to better display and visualize insights for our users
- Work with the backend team to improve the API designs and implementations
What you'll bring on Day 1:
- 3+ years of relevant design experience — agency experience is a plus
- Industry-leading portfolio that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression
- Exceptional visual design chops, with an expert eye and appreciation for photography, typography, composition, layout, color, and a pixel-level attention to detail
- Ability to communicate creative concepts and articulate solutions to project stakeholders
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Figma
- Excellence in everything you do
- Defaults to action; ships early and often
- Can-do attitude
- Desire to be a part of a feel-good, remote team
Nice-to-haves, which we're sure you'll pick up along the way:
- Motion and animation design skills
- A working knowledge of supply chains and ERP systems
- A working knowledge of machine learning in a business context
- Python (Flask, PyTorch)
- React (with TypeScript)