Software Product Manager
AON3D is a rapidly growing startup on a mission to put industrial 3D printing capabilities into the hands of those who need it most. Our technology has made it 10 times cheaper than before to 3D print with advanced thermoplastics, and we continue to push the boundaries on commercializing new materials for 3D printing.
Our customers span the globe and are pioneers in the application of 3D printing in their field – from automotive tooling to aircraft interiors, foundry molds to public art installations, prosthetics to guides for radiation and surgical oncology.
AON3D is a graduate of Y-Combinator and venture-backed by top investors from Silicon Valley.
At AON3D, we’re doing more than just creating powerful industrial 3D printers. Our hardworking, multidisciplinary team leverages their backgrounds and expertise every day to develop a groundbreaking, open materials platform for additive manufacturing that serves companies at all scales and across infinite industries.
We continually adapt along our journey as we process new learnings from our customers, and we recently reached a significant fundraising milestone that will allow us to push the boundaries of our technology. We know that this is just the beginning, and we’re determined to remain resilient as we face the challenges and rewards of expanding our business.
About this role
The Software Product Manager will be a key member of the growing product team. This position will help plan, design, and execute cross-functional feature development as well as manage the product roadmap, run biweekly sprint planning meetings, and drive daily sprints. This role will be responsible for maintaining a roadmap for a product based on trends in the market, customer needs, and organizational priorities. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Work with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to gather feedback and prioritize feature requests
- Collaborate with executives in other functions to build efficient and effective cross functional processes that enable our organization to operate smoothly
- Develop metrics to measure project/feature impact and success
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of features that impact our core business
- Drive product development by defining roadmap epics, specing feature stories, and overseeing implementation and development
- Ensure cross-functional team prioritization and alignment
- Recognize when Product processes need to be improved and take the lead on implementing new approaches
- Generate technical requirements from customer-facing product requirements
- Collaborate with external contractors and integrate their work into AON3D’s product development process
- 5+ yrs experience with software and/or firmware development
- Technical fluency – comfortable discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Experience bringing software and/or firmware from concept to production
- Experience with Scrum and/or Agile
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment
- Has worked with varied teams and multiple stakeholders to launch features
- Experience with hardware development
- Experience with CAD
- Experience with 3D printing
- Experience with 3D file slicing
AON3D is a full-stack company - we're looking for people to assist with areas like hardware development, materials research, and path planning & optimization problems.