🚀 🤖 👩💻 Java Developer interested in Mobile
📲 Mobile is here whether on our phones in front of the TV, using Zoom on the go, submitting invoices in a work app, or buying products on an iPad point-of-sale system (ex. Toast and Snackpass!) Embrace is right there and focused on only helping mobile teams make your user experiences (and their own lives) the best.
We are the only observability and debugging platform built for mobile. Mobile apps, like Wish, Cameo, OkCupid, Home Depot and Goat, rely on Embrace to proactively find, reproduce and instantly fix all types of errors.
Our team are experts from Scopely, Niantic, Apple, Marco Polo, Upsight and more. Come join us!
Skills: Java, Kotlin
Embrace is looking for an expert in Java, who would love to contribute back to the community, help other developers, and push the mobile ecosystem forward. You will build cutting edge technologies, like distributed on-device AI, and utilize growing languages, like Kotlin, to ensure our customers, mobile engineers, have the data and tools they need to build amazing applications and improve their own lives.
You will work with a dataset of over 100M devices already, from partners like Wish, Goat and Cameo, and an awesome team of experienced engineers from Google, Apple, Scopely, EA, and Niantic.
What we believe is important for this role:
- The ability to write rock-solid Java
- An awesome communicator who is able to interact with customers with a wide range of skill levels
- A desire to always keep improving and optimizing code
What you have:
- At least 3 years of experience with Java
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience in performance optimization and test-driven coding
Things that would be great, but aren't required:
- You love Star Wars and Marvel (not DC!)
- You have experience with Kotlin
- You have previously worked on an SDK
- You have OSS contributions
- You are active in places where people talk about tech challenges, like Stack Overflow and Reddit
- Live anywhere in the US, Canada or Argentina
- We are based in LA and SF with partners everywhere so a willingness to travel is required
Tech Stack: React, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, React Native, Unity, Clickhouse, Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, nginx, Saltstack, Go, and Python