Data Analyst, Product
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.
Business insurance is failing the modern founder. Brokers are selling the same old policies. At Vouch, we’re fixing insurance and risk solutions for startups and founders with tailored insurance designed for technology startups. With new and innovative ideas, we are delivering the right insurance and risk solutions for our customers.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $100M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high growth companies.
As an insurance company, data is at the core of everything we do at Vouch. Data and analysis are critical to improving insurance design, underwriting, and outcomes for our clients. Data also drives our business operations and our product decisions. As a Data Analyst at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build the foundational tools and models to help all of our functions become increasingly data driven. You will be part of a team consisting of data engineers and product managers that work across all of our functions. You will work with our Insurance team to model risk factors, partner with our Product team to develop insight and recommendations for the customer experience, and team up with our Business Operations team to build key data sets and dashboards.
- Work across Product, Business, and Insurance teams to define key metrics, develop dashboards, track metric progress, investigate changes in metrics, and propose next steps
- Analyze a wide variety of data - structured and unstructured, observational and experimental - to improve Vouch’s product, insurance underwriting, and sales & marketing
- Build models that can be used to identify key insurance risks, recommend appropriate insurance coverages, and determine when leads and prospects need insurance
- Influence Product, Business, and Insurance teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Build key data sets to empower stakeholders to performs their own analysis
- Help scale the business by turning one-off analyses into automated processes via high-quality code
- Enhance and contribute to the team’s core analysis and modeling systems and libraries
- Advise engineering, product, and insurance teams on sound statistical practices
- 3+ years of experience working as a data scientist or analyst in a technology company, consulting, or investment banking
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, math, economics, computer science, or equivalent practical experience
- Expert SQL skills, strong skill in a statistical modeling language (such as Python or R), and experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.)
- Experience applying statistical and modeling techniques such as generalized linear modeling, regularization, ensemble models (e.g., random forest, gradient boosting), Bayesian analysis methods
- Understands the strengths and shortcomings of different modeling techniques, including when to use or avoid them
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analyses to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working directly with business teams to define metrics, analyze problems, and propose solutions
Nice to have:
- Insurance knowledge or experience
- Computer Science and/or Data Engineering experience
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.