Java (Backend) Engineer
$70k - $120k • 0.00% - 2.50%
SuperTokens is building open source authentication (as an alternative to Auth0, Firebase and AWS Cognito). Add secure, hassle free authentication to your app in 1 day. We enable startups to launch quicker and focus on their core product offering
- We're easier to implement as we take a modular approach - making it possible to pick only the features you need for your use case. This means you need not worry about complications associated with other features (eg: SSO and OAuth if you don’t need it) and this in turn makes it easier to implement and manage SuperTokens.
- Developer's can own and manage their user's data.
- SuperTokens can be run on your premise for free and also has a generous hosted tier for those who dont want to manage it themselves.
SuperTokens is being used by hundreds of developers across the globe.
Our medium-term goal is to build an open-core authentication solution that is secure, flexible, and most importantly, is very simple to use.
Skills: Java, MySQL, Docker, PostgreSQL
What kind of work will you get?
We are looking for a Java engineer to work on the SuperTokens core repository (2.1K Github stars and growing)
You may also be given non technical tasks (if you like). Some examples are: Product brain storming, Competitor analysis, Documentation / content, Building a developer community etc
- 2+ yrs of experience in Java
- Good understanding of databases - querying, transactions, reasoning about multi threading
- API design experience
- Experience in writing unit tests in Java
- Experience with Docker and bash
- Contributed to open source, or have your own open source repo with a community and many github stars
- Worked on authentication or authorization before (Keycloak, Auth0, Ory, Okta)
Why should you join us?
- Our market is large - any webapp that requires login
- Working on open source, and getting paid for it!
- We are backed by Y Combinator. Have access to some of the best and smartest founders in the world.
- Work remotely.
- Our product is interesting in that it's not another mobile or web app. It will form a core infrastructure layer for our users
- We are solving a big pain point for most developers
- Get to learn about the most critical aspects of web app security
If you like our project, please star us on Github
Our tech stack: Our website: NodeJS, ReactJS, MySQL Our frontendSDK: iOS, Android, react native, reactJS, flutter Our backendSDK: NodeJS, Django, Laravel, Spring Our on premise software: Java