$50k - $110k • 0.50% - 0.80%
We're building the open-source BI tool for the future of data-driven teams. We're big believers in teams owning their own data, which is why open source makes sense for us!
We're on a mission to make more teams data-driven by increasing trust and access that teams have to their data. We're doing this by equipping teams with the best BI tool to solve their own problems. We're bringing the principles we know so well from software engineering, design and user experience design to the world of data.
We value having a small team that can achieve a lot. We're well funded and ready to help more teams get the most out of their data!
We're looking for a designer to join our small and growing team. The role means being responsible for the design and experience of Lightdash and working with the engineers to make sure what we're building is beautiful and intuitive.
We value small and high performing teams and are looking for our first full-time design hire to work closely with the current core team. You'll learn directly from our users, and will heavily influence the future of our product roadmap.
Some things we're looking for:
- You have an eye for detail and are motivated to create beautiful and intuitive user-centric designs
- You're excited by designing end-to-end software flows and experiences that are a delight to use and solve our customers' problems
- You're a brilliant communicator, particularly working with team members remotely and across different functions
- You've had experience designing and shipping software to users that they love and you iterated on it continuously
- You have an interest or experience with open source projects and a desire to build the best BI tool in the world
- You're excited about bringing your design flair to Lightdash and are motivated to build out a world-class design function
What the job involves:
- Designing and sharing specs for new product features, from the team internally, our community of users and your own research
- Establishing a design system of reusable components for Lightdash that enable us to scale the product
- Translate complex technical problems into simple and intuitive user interactions for teams
- Work with our engineering team as you design, iterate on, and ship features, and solicit feedback to raise our bar for quality
- Interacting with our community (through Discourse, Twitter or Github) and reviewing their issues on Github and using the feedback to prioritise our work
- Owning design as a function in the company, building a culture of design and educating the rest of the team where needed
Our tech stack can vary and we're mostly agnostic of people's background, as long as they're willing to learn! We're open source and we build in public, so you can see everything about us on Github: https://github.com/lightdash/lightdash
We're solving some big technical challenges, rethinking some of the core features of modern BI for modern data teams. There are a lot of technical challenges along the way, from thinking through optimal UI/UX journeys to implementing low latency data visualisations, particularly on large data sets. We take a lot of feature requests from our community and they form a big part of our product roadmap.