Director of Data Analytics
$120 - $160 • 0.10% - 0.30%
We sell weed on the internet. We're a vertically integrated legal cannabis company delivering next-day in Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Francisco, East Bay, Marin, Humboldt, Sacramento, and Vallejo. We're venture-backed and growing exponentially.
Skills: Data Analytics, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
We sell weed on the internet. We're a vertically integrated legal cannabis company delivering next day in Los Angeles, Long Beach, San Francisco, East Bay, Marin, Humboldt, Sacramento, and Vallejo. We're venture-backed and growing exponentially.
We've built an end-to-end software and operations system for sourcing, fulfillment, delivery, and e-com in a highly regulated industry. These are big, unique problems to solve in a massive space that is growing with wider legalization. We launched a ground up rebuild in November 2020. The clock is ticking and we have tons of big features to build and problems to solve.
Description: The leader hired in this role will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for developing and leading an analytics team responsible for all things data. The main priorities will be customer retention, performance marketing, expanding customer spend, CX issue improvement prioritization, and procurement forecasting. This individual will bring thought leadership and a strategic mindset toward discovering opportunities and identifying recommendations to improve performance in our expanding organization. This role will partner with stakeholders from across the business to identify and leverage opportunities to use data to drive the biggest impact.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead a high performing data & analytics team.
- Enable the other teams to understand patterns and connections so that they can make better business decisions
- Identify baseline metrics and build dashboards / reports
- Determine what analysis to prioritize to have the biggest impact (we are looking for big step improvements, not 6 sigma optimization)
- Work with stakeholders across the business (growth, product, engineering, operations, lifecycle) to develop requirements and data models that support business initiatives
- Ensure high quality and accurate data sets through custom data tests
- Establish a long-term roadmap for providing deep business intelligence.
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc business user training to ensure that data is accessible and approachable for all departments.
- Builds a foundation of analytical capabilities throughout the Analytics Team and trains others in advanced analytic methods, as needed
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role utilizing data to generate meaningful insights for decision making and developing business intelligence solutions
- 5+ years of experience managing your own team of data analysts
- Advanced skill set and experience with data modeling in Excel, Google Sheets, Superset, Amplitude, and AWS QuickSight
- Demonstrated ability to visualize data and create meaningful visuals to support the problem hypothesis
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize analysis on most important problems and not get distracted by smaller opportunities
- Demonstrated learning agility, curiosity of data and information, and successful root cause analysis
- Experience identifying and translating business issues into questions that can be answered with data
- Strong communicator that can distill complex ideas down to easily understood chunks.
- Passionate about cannabis and shaping the cannabis industry
- Experienced working in E-commerce or D2C businesses
- Experienced working in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment
We're building an end-to-end software system for sourcing, fulfillment, delivery, and e-commerce in a highly regulated industry.