Volley develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We’re a 35-person team based in San Francisco.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
We just closed our Series A round and are expanding the team!
We're a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together! We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and come September, occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Volley develops voice-controlled games and lifestyle apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. We're a 30-person team based in San Francisco.
We've created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
-- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
-- Volley FM - a personalized morning news service for Alexa
-- Yes Sire - a choose-your-own-adventure medieval RPG
We're seeking an experienced Android Engineer to bring voice-controlled experiences to mobile and help build supporting infrastructure. You should be a Kotlin (and/or Java) engineer who is excited by the idea of working on the frontier of an emerging user interface—voice. Ideally, you should have previous experience developing and shipping great consumer software products or games.
At Volley you will:
- Create stunning user interfaces on Android
- Work closely with designers to produce a consistent UX between platforms
- Work closely with engineers to coordinate on shared logic
- Play around with Jetpack Compose
- Explore the forefront of shared logic with Kotlin Multiplatform
Things you may have done before:
- Native Android or iOS apps
- Something with Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile
- Mobile Games
- Social apps
- Cool Open-Source Framework
Things you should be passionate about:
- Programming Languages
- New Tools & Technology
- Consumer apps
We're currently all working remotely on Zoom. In the next 6-12 months we hope to return to our beautiful office in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. In the meantime, we have amazing remote Happy Hours and team game nights, and a VERY active cooking channel in Slack. Join us!
If this sounds like fun, get in touch!