MindsDB is an open-source platform designed to accelerate machine learning workflows by generating predictions at the data layer with virtual AI Tables so you can consume predictions as regular data and query them with standard SQL, reduce development and deployment complexity using AutoML, and improve insight into machine learning model accuracy - increasing prediction confidence.
Skills: CSS, HTML
Please apply here: https://career.mindsdb.com/o/uxui-designer
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving problems, and thrive in a fast moving startup environment? We have an outstanding opportunity for you! Currently we are seeking our first UX & UI Designer for the MindsDB team. Design is enormously valued at MindsDB - as a designer on our team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our users have an exceptional online experience. By collecting, researching, investigating and evaluating user requirements you will be fundamental to the satisfaction and loyalty of our users. You'll work on creating sophisticated designs and fabulous product experiences helping to unlock the tremendous power and potential for machine learning around the world.
More about you:
Our team is continuously working on making this powerful machine learning product intuitive and accessible to all. You will have the opportunity to harness your strong product design skills, as well as our robust design approach, to help streamline this critical experience for our users. In this role you’ll get to:
- Lead the design process from Pre-Launch Research, through Product Development (Branding, Product Design) to Marketing and deployment (Print, Web, Video Marketing.)
- Plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitivity and experience
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Conduct ongoing user research
- Suggest and make improvements to our Website and Documentation design.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office, remotely, or a distributed team, MindsDB is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options and lots more.
MindsDB is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
More about us
MindsDB helps anyone use the power of machine learning to ask predictive questions of their data and receive accurate answers from it. MindsDB was founded in 2017 by Adam Carrigan (COO) and Jorge Torres (CEO), is backed with over $5.2M in seed funding from the University of California, Berkeley SkyDeck fund, OpenOcean, and the co-founders of MySQL and MariaDB. MindsDB is also a graduate of Y Combinators’ recent Winter 2020 batch.
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
- 5 years of experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
- Experience in a b2b or enterprise company.
- UI design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Knowledge of Adobe range of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Dreamweaver
- Experience in software development environments, SaaS or on-prem tools
- Knowledge of Figma, Sketch and Zeplin
- Some knowledge of Usability Factors in Human Computer Interaction.
- Experience at a previous early-stage startup and working with remote teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Spanish a plus
- Experience with: Google Optimize, Hotjar, A/B testing and WordPress is a plus.
- Ability to make inspiring explainer and teaser videos.
- CSS/HTML/web development experience.
With the plethora of data available in databases today, applying predictive modeling can often feel overwhelming - especially if you need to write complex applications for ingesting data, training encoders and embedders, writing sampling models, training, optimizing, scheduling, versioning, moving models into production environments, maintaining them and then having to explain the predictions and the degree of confidence… we thought there had to be a better way!
We aim to steer you away from constantly reinventing the wheel by abstracting most of the unnecessary complexities around building, training, and deploying machine learning models. MindsDB provides you with two techniques for this: Build and train models as simply as writing a SQL query, and seamlessly “publish” and manage machine learning models as virtual tables inside your databases. (right now we support Clickhouse, MariaDB, Mysql, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MongoDB and Snowflake).