Stellar Salesperson - second sales hire
$100k - $200k •
Here at Mutiny, we are building a privacy-first data layer and experience delivery system that automates 80% of growth engineering, so companies can focus on engaging their customers. Our system ingests over 10M events a day, feeds online machine learning pipelines in real time, and empowers growth teams with a platform to deliver great customer experiences. Fast growing early adopters, including Brex, Segment and Carta, have doubled their leads using Mutiny.
About Mutiny: Mutiny helps solve every company's most important challenge: growth. We provide a no-code platform to automate growth engineering, so marketers can create engaging, personalized experiences. Our product provides a privacy-first data layer with out-of-the box integrations, powerful machine learning features to understand your audiences, and experience delivery tools to personalize across your channels — all without any engineering from the customer.
We are looking for our stellar second sales hire. You will be in a semi-full cycle role; taking discovery calls to closed won deals. Our sales process has been firmly validated, is highly efficient, and ready for scaling. You will be working with B2B digital marketers to educate them on growth automation and personalization, support them through their evaluation/trial process, and to help them buy a world-class product.
The first channels that we’ve started with are websites and landing pages. Mutiny allows companies to dynamically change their website based on a virtually limitless number of visitor attributes (ex: size of company, industry/vertical, $$ raised, persona/seniority, behavioral attributes, amongst a very long list of others). All of this done with pre-integrated datasources and a no-code visual editor to actually change the website content.
Website personalization is only our jumping off point. Our ambition is to ultimately help every company in the world personalize their entire digital buying experience from website to ads to emails to every piece of digital content and real estate.
Our founders were early Gusto employees and scaled the company from 500 to 50,000+ customers. They experienced firsthand the limitations of generic online content and the poor user experience it creates. They started Mutiny to allow every other marketer in the world to transform their B2B buying experience without needing a huge growth engineering team of developers, designers, and analysts.
We are backed by some of the best early-stage investors in the world including Y Combinator, Cowboy Ventures (Branch, Crunchbase, ProductHunt) and Uncork Capital (Postmates, Intercom, Sendgrid, Front, Eventbrite), and founders/executives from Slack, Google, Facebook, Square, Yelp and Salesforce.
What we stand for:
We believe that diverse teams have the biggest impact. Our founding team is 50% female and 50% male. We have maintained this same diversity ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
In addition to diversity, these values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the pot, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
But enough about us, let’s talk about you and what you’d be doing at Mutiny.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are looking for our stellar second sales hire. You will be in a semi-full cycle role; taking discovery calls to closed won deals. Our sales process has been firmly validated and is highly efficient.
You will be working with B2B digital marketers to educate them on personalization, support them through their evaluation/trial process, and to help them buy a world-class product.
What you’ll do at Mutiny:
Own the most important metric in the business: net-new revenue
- Work closely with the sales lead and CEO to scale the already efficient sales process
- Give thorough discovery calls, qualify firmly, manage trials and expectations, and push deals through all the usual closing steps (legal, infosec, procurement, etc.)
- Our lead generation has historically been between mostly inbound and target account-focused outbound. You’ll have an unfair advantage for outbound prospecting as you’ll be using the Mutiny product
- Keep your deals updated in the CRM for weekly pipeline reviews and to prepare hand-off notes to the CX team
- Be a company and brand advocate: our customers love us and the sales process (yes, we receive compliments on the sales process)
- Support the CX, product, and engineering teams as you receive feedback from prospects to align with product strategy and direction
- Work with our awesome technology and agency partners on joint deals for win-win outcomes
What we are looking for:
- 3-4+ years in a closing role, ideally in B2B SaaS and mid-market/enterprise segment, and consistently hitting quota
- Bonus points for working at an early/mid stage start-up
- Naturally persuasive, curious, and personable with excellent discovery and closing skills.
- Relentless about hitting goals. If one path fails, can quickly find another path.
- A self starter who can be scrappy and get things done with few resources. Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong written, verbal, non-verbal communication skills, duh.
- A keen interest in helping to efficiently scale an early-stage sales process
- High confidence, low ego, and generally a good human being.
Our stack consists of React, TypeScript, Ruby, and Rails. as well as Redis, Postgres, and Elasticsearch for data storage. Our CTO comes from a product and infrastructure background, bringing an engineering first approach to growth technology.
Some of our challenges include:
- Building a privacy-first data store that never shares PII or customer data. We leverage data store policies to ensure there are walled gardens between customers and privacy is respected.
- Architecting low latency data infrastructure that processes millions of events from various data sources to create a unified data layer. We keep latency to a ridiculously low number using a combination of CDN edge caching with Fastly, efficient event processing pipelines, and data store optimizations.
- Building products that expose machine learning infrastructure for automated segmentation, with an incredibly simple to use interface.
- Building efficient content delivery libraries for use in the browser, enabling non-technical team members to easily personalize their website. We make use of native browser APIs for efficient DOM rendering using features like MutationObservers, WebWorkers, and hooks for browser layouts.