Lead Software Architect/Full Stack Software Engineer
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and VC-backed startup developing an at-home blood testing device with telehealth capabilities for patient monitoring and treatment guidance. See website to learn more (www.InnaMed.com).
InnaMed is a Y Combinator alum and venture-backed startup developing HomeLab®, a connected, at-home blood testing device for enabling precision medicine. By allowing patients to perform real-time, disease specific blood tests at home, InnaMed aims to empower healthcare providers and pharmaceutical companies with the data necessary to improve and optimize patient therapies. The company’s platform is covered by several patents and publications and can enable data-driven interventions to reduce avoidable expenditure while improving outcomes. See website to learn more www.InnaMed.com.
Our team consists of scientists and engineers from top universities and biotechnology companies. We are passionate about improving upon the cost, access and quality of global healthcare and we are currently looking to hire our first software engineer. Specifically, we are looking for an individual with strong full stack software architecture and software development experience. We plan to build our platform on a modern stack, using tools such as Node.js, React, GraphQL and Microsoft Azure as examples. You will have independent responsibility and freedom to make your own decisions but will also be collaborating with a cooperative team. Your role will grow with the organization as a core member of the product team.
- Design a software architecture to connect patients, physicians, researchers, and care coordinators to clinical data streams and to each other while maintaining data security, privacy, and accuracy
- Ideate software features, create feature descriptions and requirements and work with external teams to execute on design, development, validation and deployment of features
- Ensure an easy-to-read and documented code base while monitoring and optimizing performance
- Work with hardware and embedded system engineers and external services to achieve functionality
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with web application development and software architecture design
- Experience working in a small team with a modern web stack (Node.js, Django, Rails, React, etc.) building high-performance web applications interfacing with cloud service providers
- Knowledge and experience using dev ops (e.g., Maven, Jenkins, Git)
- Experience with Linux application development is a plus
- Experience with HIPAA compliant software design is a plus
- Experience working with a quality system in a regulated industry is a plus
- Attributes: enthusiasm, decisiveness, adaptability to changing business requirements, self-starter
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English)
Required Education and Experience:
- BSc, BEng and/or MSc, PhD in computer science and a tangible history of well-executed projects
- 2+ years of experience in a small team building high-performance mobile and/or web applications
We're looking for team members with experience in hardware, software, embedded systems and biochemistry. Experience working in small teams and commercializing products is highly preferred.