Content & Community Lead
PhotoRoom empowers mobile-first entrepreneurs to build their business with images. PhotoRoom automatically removes background and create amazing professional images. Instead of manipulating pixels, users edit objects. Deep learning models ensure the translation of pixels into objects. Created by Matthieu Rouif, a Stanford and Ecole Polytechnique alumnus who led GoPro's 100 million user image editing products, and Eliot Andres, an alumnus of Ecole des Ponts with several years of deep learning experience.
We are a team of 8 who love to learn and build and learn by building. Most of our customers are small businesses, creators, and entrepreneurs. We empower them with design super-powers so they can build an independent, successful business.
PhotoRoom is funded by VCs, profitable, and advised by experts in image analysis who have worked or are working at Facebook, Apple, Twitter, Adobe, Snap, Y Combinator and GoPro.
📃 You're in charge of Community & Content for PhotoRoom, a YC alumn and one of the fastest-growing photo editing app used by millions of entrepreneurs, creators, and small business owners across 100+ countries.
💰 Competitive Salary
🦸♀️ Full-time position
🇪🇺 Paris-based but International Remote
PhotoRoom is the #1 photo editing app for entrepreneurs. We're used by millions of users monthly - resellers, entrepreneurs, and small business owners - across 100+ countries - and we're growing FAST: 40%+ MoM.
We are world experts in AI imagery who worked at companies like Apple, Adobe, Google, and GoPro. We're passionate about building cutting-edge AI solutions to empower entrepreneurs to grow their businesses through efficient images and videos.
We're proud to be profitable and backed by some prestigious investors and advisors from companies like Snapchat, Spotify, and Blinkist.
What you'll do
As the first Marketing hire at PhotoRoom you're in charge of building the foundation of our organic growth leveraging Community, Influencers, and Content. This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growth startup, implement best-in-class marketing strategies, and have a significant impact on our growth. The position may be based in Europe or the US (preferably East Coast).
Community & Organic Influencers
- Build our Community strategy across PhotoRoom's main communities (small business owners, creators, and resellers), social platforms, and geos: content & editorial strategy, messaging strategy.
- Maintain a strong understanding of social platforms, cultural events, news stories, and social trends and adapt the community strategy accordingly.
- Monitor social media platforms and respond to and escalate audience comments as needed (this could include, but is not limited to: Facebook, Messenger, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube).
- Coordinate the production of social content with content & video editors.
- Build an ambassador program to work closely with local communities.
- Oversee our organic influencer strategy.
- Drive our editorial strategy, develop and maintain an editorial calendar to ensure regular and relevant content for our community.
- Manage freelancers to produce engaging content to entertain our community and to educate our new features.
- Ensure consistent voice across in-app, web tools, and digital marketing copy.
Skills We Are Excited About
- 5+ years in a community and content manager role for an international product, experience with a community-driven product a plus.
- Avid user of social media platforms who understands the difference between organic and paid experiences.
- English-native only
- Team: you are humble, open to challenge, and like to help others grow. The most important is the progress of the team and the product.
- Impact: you can prioritize your time to build what will give users superpowers or wow them.
- Learning: learning and sharing knowledge makes you happy. At PhotoRoom, this holds true as a team, with machine learning, and with our users. ****
- Entrepreneurial & creative mindset: you like to take initiative, eager to learn, and find new creative solutions to problems
- Call with our Head of Growth (1h)
- Case study
- Cultural fit interview Photoroom's founders (2h30)
- Meet the team
How to apply?
Send us your resume and a short note about your application at [email protected]
Machine Learning and Mobile Rendering are at the core of PhotoRoom DNA. Our goal is to perfectly remove background 100% of the time with the help of machine learning and the user. We also classify images and suggests the best templates for our users using computer vision
iOS: In addition to UIKit, SwiftUI, and advanced image and Machine Learning iOS frameworks like the following: Metal, CoreImage, CoreML...
Android: Koltin and the following frameworks: Canvas, TensorFlow Lite