Senior Product Designer
PostHog is open source product analytics, built for developers. Automate the collection of every event on your website or app, with no need to send data to 3rd parties. It's a 1 click to deploy on your own infrastructure, with full API/SQL access to the underlying data.
We're growing rapidly, and always looking for people who can get things done.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our small (but growing), fully-remote team.
Until now, tools for building products have been very fragmented - product analytics, heatmaps, session recording and A/B testing all provide immense value, but existing tools weren’t natively built to work together.
PostHog is different by offering these tools (and more) in a single platform that customers can host themselves.
We're looking for a seasoned product designer with a background in interaction design, analytics and data visualization to work on the open source PostHog web app.
You can expect to do a lot of normal product designer-y things, but with one big twist: YOU decide what you're going to work on! We hire high-performing individuals who can identify a problem, propose a solution, and execute on it. We ship every two weeks.
You'll work with our contributors to identify the highest leverage opportunities to improve the UX, grow retention, and assist engineers in designing new features. (Our engineers are incredibly UX-minded, so your suggestions won't fall on deaf ears!)
This role encompasses everything from building a design roadmap, user research and testing, evolving our library of Figma components, and prototyping interactions.
There's no requirement around how long you've worked in product design, though most designers in this type of role typically have 5-10 years experience.
What you'll bring:
- A strong opinion about UX best practices
- A background in analytics and data visualization
- Moderate to advanced experience working in Figma
- Deep understanding of interaction design
- Ability to ship iteratively
- A history of designing and building experience for B2B SaaS apps
- A background in front end development (This isn't a coding role - though there may be opportunities to delve into the code - but understanding how design translates into code is important.)
- Strong communication skills - most of our interaction with the team and our contributors happens on GitHub
Nice to haves
- Interest in/experience with motion design and animation
- Familiarity with Ant Design, ChartJS, D3, and working in a React environment
- An understanding of open source software and the open source community as a whole
- Copywriting skills
- Leadership experience
- An opinion about if pineapple belongs on pizza
What we offer in return
- Generous, transparent compensation and employee-friendly equity
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Health insurance, including dental and vision (UK and US-based only)
- Generous parental leave
- Training budget
- $200/month budget towards co-working or café working
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
- Free books
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
Sold? Apply now and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
- Please also add a link to your portfolio or examples of previous work
- Bonus points if you install PostHog on a side project and tell us what you'd tackle first!
Not sold? Learn more first
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return, pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Completely open source, Python/Django/React/ClickHouse.