Software Engineer (Backend)
The majority of young adults don't have viable ways to start building credit. Many of them don't know their credit score or don't know how to improve their current one. Once they do decide to start their credit journey, they are left frustrated when told the main way to build is through having the credit products they were told they don't yet qualify for.
We knew that there were indicators other than credit card and loan payments that could be tracked to provide an assessment of creditworthiness. That's where Perch comes in. Perch allows users to log their recurring payments—such as subscriptions or rent—as credit history to improve their credit scores immediately. We want to provide an escape from the catch-22 of credit building.
Skills: Go, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Node.js, Docker, Serverless, PostgreSQL
As a Software Engineer for Perch, you will be working alongside the founders and other full-stack engineers in building highly secure and scalable systems powering our financial services., You will also play a key role in product direction and setting up the right processes to help the product scale. Your ideas, feedback, and critique are highly appreciated.
- Backend application development (Golang)
- Build features, design and implement APIs (GraphQL)
- Planning, scaling, and deploying software on AWS and related cloud infrastructure
- Database development and administration
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve codebase
- You write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Experience with Relational and noSQL databases
- Experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with Docker
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Experience designing scalable systems
- Ability to readily and quickly learn most technologies on-the-go
- Ability to thrive in an fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Verbal and written English fluency
- Experience with Go
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC
- Experience with distributed systems, Kubernetes
- Experience with CloudFormation or Terraform
Our software is written primarily in Golang and we leverage Kubernetes extensively and so experience with these technologies is a plus. Experience with platform/infrastructure development is highly desirable and you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.