Director of Special Projects
Pop is building Asia’s leading O2O food brands through a network of cloud kitchens and tech-enabled QSR outlets. Funded with over $28m by Y Combinator and leading tech investors from Silicon Valley, Europe and Asia, we are expanding rapidly across Asia.
Pop Meals is one of the fastest-growing tech-enabled QSR chain startups in Southeast Asia. We make our food brand affordable and accessible through dine-in experience in our outlets and via our food delivery app. Funded by Y Combinator and leading tech investors from Silicon Valley, Europe, and Asia, we’re conquering a trillion-dollar market in the most exciting region of the world. Here at Pop Meals, we value talents who have a high sense of ownership, move fast and always keep a beginner’s mindset. The culture runs deep in our people, where we practice direct communication, motivation to build and to always prioritize our customers.
- Work at eye-level with the founders and take full ownership of some of the most important projects in Pop: Projects that create the next exponential 10x growth opportunity for the company or that solve some of the most difficult operational scaling challenges
- Manage cross-department teams under ambitious timelines
- Lead rapid expansion across new geographies, new verticals and new distribution channels
- Lead business development and partnership initiatives
- Drive the strategy of the company together with our leadership team
- Bold thinker with high energy to execute fast
- An experienced people manager with outstanding project management skills to get things done across departments
- Hands-on and lead from the frontline
- Independent, proactive and ready to make calculated, bold decisions
- Great communicator
- Problem solver
- High performing under pressure and you thrive under tight timelines
- Leader that understands how to get things done via influence instead of using formal authority
- Fast learner and very smart
- Extreme ownership mentality
- Experienced deal maker in business development and partnership
- Coachable, humble and thirsty to always learn and grow
- Know the F&B industry and how to motivate people across different positions, backgrounds, age, experiences, etc.
That’s why you need to join our team:
- Opportunity to impress yourself by getting your absolute best work done and having a massive impact on a fast growing company: we give you the trust, independence and resources to execute fast and make the boldest decisions in your career
- Equity in the next billion dollar food & technology company in Southeast Asia
- Work with the smartest and most passionate from over 15 nationalities
- Rare opportunity to build a product that everyone around you loves, in one of the most exciting and fastest growing regions in the world
- All the perks that come with working in a startup including free lunch and dinner
We built lots of unique operations tech for our cloud kitchen operations, our supply chain as well as our logistics system and various customer facing apps and websites.