Legal Support Specialist
$37k - $52k •
SoloSuit is helping people defend themselves in a debt lawsuit. These suits are often unfair because they target the wrong person, they are for an invented debt (fraudulent), or the amount named is exorbitantly above the original amount. Lawyers usually will not help you mount a defense because they'd rather take larger cases, or at least charge you fees that are a double digit percentage of the amount you're being sued for.
SoloSuit is aiming to help people in this situation, which is called access to justice. Join us in this mission.
We need a legal support specialist to help file customer Answers so they can win their case. Paralegal experience is a plus. We do not represent our customers, but we help them win pro se. Duties include:
- Determining which court the customer's case is in
- Determining filing fees for the customer's Answer
- Updating court information in a database
- Interacting with customers and attorneys to update customer responses to allegations
- Using an online payments platform to process some customer payments
- Using an online task management tool
- Mailing lawsuit Answers to courts and plaintiff attorneys
- Working with others
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- A university degree in any subject
Preferred, but not required qualifications:
- Experience with legal matters in a professional environment
- Paralegal training
We use proven technologies such as Rails and AWS products to solve our customer's problems.