Athelas is a Sequoia funded biotech startup working on modern, point-of-care diagnostics using Machine Learning. Our main product is an FDA cleared device for immunoresponse monitoring. We're scaling deployments rapidly across the country, and our customer base includes major pharmaceutical companies. If you're interested in modernizing healthcare and working at the intersection of machine learning and healthcare, we are the right place for you.
Athelas is a small, creative, and hard-working team and we're looking for individuals with a founder-type mentality to join us.
Overview At Athelas, we’re committed to making healthcare accessible, easy, and effective. Come join us as an Account Manager and help bring about the next generation of remote monitoring technology to patients and practitioners across the globe!
About the Job
- Own and manage the onboarding of new customers onto our Remote Patient Monitoring Program, working closely with the sales and deployment teams to lead a seamless experience for providers and their patients
- Serve as the owner for a portfolio of accounts, responsible for meeting key performance metrics
- Serve as a product expert, leading provider and staff education calls, quarterly business reviews, sharing best practices and helping doctors optimize they way they utilize Athelas services to improve patient care
- Work strategically with medical practices, developing strategies to integrate Athelas into their routine care plan, increasing adoption and retention rates
- Build and maintain relationships with our doctors and their staff to drive customer success and provide ongoing support to the practice
- Collect industry knowledge and feedback from our customers to help guide product improvements and future product innovations
- 1-3 years of Account Management or Sales experience (healthcare experience not required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to to keep pace and adapt in a quickly evolving company
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple accounts with a close attention to detail
- Competitive spirit with a drive to exceed personal goals and a track record to prove it
- Willingness to hustle and perform duties outside of your conventional role
Why You’ll Like Working with Athelas
- Rockstar Team: Join a team with an incredible record - we’re the smallest, fastest company in history to receive an - FDA hematology clearance.
- Mission Driven: We are changing the way healthcare is provided, bringing it directly to the people who need it.
- Incredible Growth: 150%+ QoQ growth this year, with a huge opportunity in front of us
- Great benefits: Incredible health, dental and vision benefits.
Our device captures high resolution images of blood smears which we analyze using internally CNNs. Our networks are responsible for segmenting cells, classifying them, and deciding which images include valid and invalid samples. In addition, we have specially designed networks for classifying abnormal cells (blast cells, giant platelets, nucleated red blood cells) that require additional intervention.
Our hardware stack includes custom objective lenses and image sensors to provide the optimal tradeoff for field of view and cell resolution. Our device includes an onboard linux processor, motor drivers, and a linear actuator for orienting and moving the sample. We are always looking to improve our imaging stack to provide more powerful images for analysis.
We provide customers (clinics) a web-based interface for analyzing results, looking up patient history, and integrating directly with pharmacies. Our frontend is built entirely in react and redux.
Our APIs are built using flask and sqlalchemy with a postgres database. Our infrastructure is hosted using Kubernetes on GCP. We believe in simple, reliable infrastructure that allows us to spend most of our time on improving our tests and adding new ones.