Athelas is a Sequoia funded biotech startup working on modern, point-of-care diagnostics using Machine Learning. Our main product is an FDA cleared device for immunoresponse monitoring. We're scaling deployments rapidly across the country, and our customer base includes major pharmaceutical companies. If you're interested in modernizing healthcare and working at the intersection of machine learning and healthcare, we are the right place for you.
Athelas is a small, creative, and hard-working team and we're looking for individuals with a founder-type mentality to join us.
- Be part of a team driving relationships with clinical partners of all types - running the gamut from home health to large state-run medical facilities
- Prospect leads and cultivate relationships with key partners and their decision makers
- Set up demos and negotiate and sign clinical partnerships
- Establish a deep understanding of Athelas’ business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Work with Deployments team to facilitate seamless partnership transition from sales process to onboarding
- Build business cases, establish content, processes and reporting to help accelerate team goals
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 2-5 years of experience in sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with healthcare facilities
- Comfort with ambiguity and a fast paced work environment
- Strong self-starter with passion and motivation finding innovative solutions and exceeding goals
- Strong record of success as an individual contributor
Why You’ll Like Working with Athelas
- Rockstar Team: Join a team with an incredible record - we’re the smallest, fastest company in history to receive an FDA hematology clearance
- Mission Driven: We are changing the way healthcare is provided, bringing it directly to the people who need it
- Incredible Growth: 150%+ QoQ growth last year (even faster this year!), with a huge opportunity in front of us
- Great benefits: Incredible health, dental and vision benefits
Our device captures high resolution images of blood smears which we analyze using internally CNNs. Our networks are responsible for segmenting cells, classifying them, and deciding which images include valid and invalid samples. In addition, we have specially designed networks for classifying abnormal cells (blast cells, giant platelets, nucleated red blood cells) that require additional intervention.
Our hardware stack includes custom objective lenses and image sensors to provide the optimal tradeoff for field of view and cell resolution. Our device includes an onboard linux processor, motor drivers, and a linear actuator for orienting and moving the sample. We are always looking to improve our imaging stack to provide more powerful images for analysis.
We provide customers (clinics) a web-based interface for analyzing results, looking up patient history, and integrating directly with pharmacies. Our frontend is built entirely in react and redux.
Our APIs are built using flask and sqlalchemy with a postgres database. Our infrastructure is hosted using Kubernetes on GCP. We believe in simple, reliable infrastructure that allows us to spend most of our time on improving our tests and adding new ones.