Software Engineer, Ecosystem Integrations
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to endow agents with a human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
There’s work and there’s your life’s work. We are looking for people who believe in the transformational power of AI, have an insatiable desire to solve customer problems with delightful products and are ready to be a part of something much bigger than themselves to do their life’s work ([email protected]).
As a Software Engineer (Ecosystem Integrations) in the Special Projects Group, you will take ownership for building prototypes, as well as production-grade integrations for Ambient.ai’s core platform within the smart building ecosystem. In this cross-functional role, you will partner closely with other engineering stakeholders across product, platform, and machine perception teams. In addition, you will partner with pre- and post-sales teams, as well as customers and third-party partners to deliver innovative solutions. The ideal candidate has the abilities to learn new things quickly and write efficient software while thriving in a cross-functional environment.
- Build integration software for Ambient’s core platform that may run on the cloud or on our forward-deployed edge IoT servers
- Effectively leverage 3rd party APIs to ingest various additional data sources into Ambient.ai’s core platform
- Partner with other engineering stakeholders on design & architecture to effectively integrate new data sources into the core product
- Partner with customer success teams to support the implementation of integrations at new customer sites
- Build tools for monitoring the health and reliability of integrations deployed in the field.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a strong programming background
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and rapidly build domain and product knowledge
- 2+ years of experience shipping enterprise-grade software
- Proficiency in at least one major programming language (preferably Python)
- Familiarity with computer networks and related technologies such as HTTP Requests
- Experience with common database systems such as MySQL and the ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Familiarity with REST APIs
- Basic understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, and operating systems fundamentals desired
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early stage company
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
Ambient's tech stack is very extensive.
- For the IoT server and the deep learning infrastructure, we use Python, C/C++, WebRTC and Tensorflow on GP-GPUs (NVIDIA).
We also use a variety of tools such as supervisor, docker, network monitoring tools and performance profilers.