Manager, Implementation Services
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to endow agents with a human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
There’s work and there’s your life’s work. We are looking for people who believe in the transformational power of AI, have an insatiable desire to solve customer problems with delightful products and are ready to be a part of something much bigger than themselves to do their life’s work ([email protected]).
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
Recently named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we’re achieving the impossible daily and we’d love to have you aboard this rocket ship. Join us!
We’re looking for a highly motivated Manager , Implementation Services to join our Customer Success team! In this role, you will be working closely with the Head of Success and our Success team, to coordinate and complete system setup and configuration activities, working directly with business and technical customer stakeholders.
A strong self-starter with excellent experience in large IT infrastructure projects and implementations (server hardware / software / networking), you’ll join our team and quickly help us build out a small dedicated team. Experience managing, mentoring and growing a team is also vital.
Members of this team will be responsible for ordering & configuring hardware and once delivered, liaise directly with customers to connect & remotely access to setup and configure the Ambient.ai software. Through this process they may need to provide training, guidance, technical direction, and troubleshoot technical issues that might arise in the process and facilitate internal or external escalations where necessary.
If you want to be at a fast-moving startup, work closely with big-name companies, provide expert advice and help solve some of their mission critical problems, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
How You’ll Contribute:
- A key customer-facing voice for Ambient.ai, you’ll be responsible for providing a consistent, prompt, and high-quality level of customer service to our customers.
- You’ll lead by example; experience managing, mentoring, developing and building a team is also vital.
- Product-focused; you enjoy and feel challenged mastering new software & will quickly become an expert on the Ambient.ai platform and keep up with industry trends to understand customer needs to help drive product adoption and ongoing usage.
- Project manage and oversee key work streams during the onboarding process including provisioning, installation, and configuration of our product.
- Help to set customer expectations, communicate internally to ensure tasks are on schedule, and offer suggestions to mitigate risks to avoid delays.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and/or escalate technical customer implementation issues when required.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Owners, and Customer Success to understand & drive implementations in a timely fashion and provide a magical customer experience.
- As we grow, help identify how to improve our onboarding process & configuration tools.
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- 5+ years experience in customer-facing, System or IT Administrator or Systems Implementation roles.
- At least 2 years experience working on Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Networking projects with multi-stakeholder rollouts.
- Minimum of 2 years people management (or team lead) experience in a high paced environment.
- Great people skills; ability to coach and inspire team members to achieve their goals and the team’s overall outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at a time; organization, time-management, and attention to detail are critical.
- Experience working with large Fortune 100/500 companies. Startup experience is an additional benefit.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; displays trust, integrity & empathy under pressure and when working through customer issues.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills and experience building relationships internally & externally.
- Can-do attitude - you must be able to think outside the box, problem-solve complex and novel issues, and roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Sense of humor, honesty, and enthusiasm a must!
- Ideal applicants will have a Systems Admin, IT Admin or Systems Integrator background.
- You’ll possess strong networking knowledge with ability to navigate complex enterprise networks (CCNE or equivalent required).
- Experience with system administration, such as server setup, Linux OS, deploying security patches, virtualization & containerization etc.
- Comfortable using command line tools and basic bash scripting.
- Physical Security systems & installation experience (Video Cameras / NVR / PACS) would be beneficial.
Our benefits include:
* Market-competitive salary plus equity
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Catered lunches (3 days/week) (Post-Covid)
* Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks (Post-Covid)
* Employee referral bonus program
* Quarterly team off-sites
* Awesome coworkers and prime University Avenue office location
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ambient's tech stack is very extensive.
- For the IoT server and the deep learning infrastructure, we use Python, C/C++, WebRTC and Tensorflow on GP-GPUs (NVIDIA).
We also use a variety of tools such as supervisor, docker, network monitoring tools and performance profilers.