Staff Software Engineer
Routable is simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments.
✅ Send payments to vendors with just an email
✅ Get paid faster and keep track of unpaid invoices
✅ Automatically update your accounting software of choice
We started Routable due to our personal experiences scaling business payments.
Having built in-house solutions, custom integrations to accounting software, and understanding the importance of payments visibility to entire teams, we decided to devote our time to ensuring that companies can be set up with a solution that works for their finance and accounting needs today and in the future.
Skills: Django, Python, React
Routable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to-use API allows you to build a powerful payments infrastructure in minutes.
We’re a Series B startup with $46M in funding. We’re helping some of the largest marketplaces and gig economy companies, including Ticketmaster, Snackpass, and Garmentory. Hundreds of finance teams trust our decades of experience in building B2B payment solutions.
Our environment encourages intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and openness—one that provides the support and mentorship needed to succeed, learn, and grow. We'll make sure you have everything you need to do your best work and make an impact. We’re a fully remote startup with our team working from a city they love across the United States and Canada.
About the Role
The Staff Software Engineer role focuses on being a technical leader and individual contributor on a product development team. Applicants would be comfortable playing a mix of roles, including contributing to the front and back-end code bases, aiding in designing software systems, and seeking out mentoring opportunities to uplevel other individuals. You will also facilitate discussions across multiple teams including product, design, and engineering.
- Be a technical leader within the engineering organization and partner closely with engineering and product leads.
- Your focus will be to deliver high quality software solutions in a rapidly evolving B2B payments environment.
- We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer who excels at creating software in all layers of a web platform, understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies.
- Advocate for our incredible coding standards, efficiency and reliability.
- You would work directly with the product, design, and engineering teams to help shape our product and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or the equivalent experience
- 7+ years of full-time employment building web applications, preferably with some start-up experience
- 3+ years experience with Python and Django
- 3+ years of experience with modern frontend technologies and frameworks (preferably React).
- Working experience building, deploying, and scaling modern web applications
- Solid coding practices including writing technical specifications, peer code review, and testing (e.g. unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-awareness, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and empathy
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Team based development experience using an agile development methodology
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States or Canada on a full-time basis.
We are a remote first company! Rather than restrict ourselves to only find talent in one city, we’d rather find the absolute best people regardless of where they live. One amazing benefit to our remote culture, is that it enables our team to enjoy traveling ✈️ more regularly since they can work from wherever!
The Staff Software Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Our Core Values
At Routable, we are driven by our values. Our values act as guiding principles when it comes to our work, our hiring practices, and ourselves. We talk about them every day and praise each other based on our ability to embody them.
💞 Engage with Empathy: Have empathy and a deep understanding for your peers, and our customers. This means no ego and cultivating relationships by actively listening to each other's needs.
🤝 Volunteer Assistance: Helping others is always a priority, even when it is not immediately related to the goals that we are trying to achieve. We make it a point to foster an environment of inclusiveness for our remote team.
💪 Own it: We are all company owners and we act like it. We make data driven decisions and jump at the opportunity to be accountable. Taking action when you see a problem is our default state.
🛠 Build with Purpose: We are collectively building the product and company of our dreams. We are intentional with everything we do and are always looking for ways to improve. We sweat the details.
🧬 Expect Authenticity: We do not compromise our values when it comes to our team and our customers. We champion originality. Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
Rendezvous To help foster amazing relationships with our coworkers, we meet up twice a year as a whole team in some pretty awesome cities! In the past we’ve met up in San Diego, Seattle, and Austin. We’d rather invest money into memorable team events rather than expensive offices. During our meet-up team time, we love to spend time learning a new skill together, and solving problems. Most recently this has taken on the form of a bread-making class and defeating an Escape Room. Yeah.. We love to compete together as a team.
Note: we have paused our meetups due to COVID-19 and will resume when it is safe for everyone to attend
🏥 Great Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
💲 Competitive salary
📈 Stock Options
💸 Work from Home Stipend
🚀 We're a remote team
🏝 Flexible vacation policy
Inclusive Employer Routable welcomes employees from varied backgrounds and walks of life, and it’s reflected in our diverse community of Routers. Routable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to administering personnel actions, including hiring, training, promoting and compensating its employees, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
💻 Fronted stack: React / Redux
⚙️ Backend stack: Python (Django)