UX/UI Designer (Employee Number 1)
$50k - $70k • 0.00% - 1.00%
We build collaboration and communication tools that enable remote workers to have everything at their fingertips when working with their team. We do this by having a native desktop app that allows a user to see their team directly on their MacOS dock, and to instantly communicate with them. We recommend going to https://workdock.app and taking a look.
Workdock is a YC backed company looking for our 1st designer hire. We build collaboration and communication tools that enable remote workers to have everything at their fingertips when working with their team. We do this by having a native desktop app that allows a user to see their team directly on their MacOS dock, and to instantly communicate with them. We recommend going to https://workdock.app and taking a look.
This is only step one and we have big plans to make remote work better than working in an office.
Who we are:
Hi I am Chris Evans (CEO) who successfully exited my last company Flyt to Just Eat/Takeaway.com. I have joined forces with Ricardo Clerigo (CTO) as my co-founder who I previously worked with at Flyt and is a superstar coder/product owner/everything. We both code and our biggest skill is moving fast, we love to iterate on an idea and get real feedback from users. My last company I made 7 multi-millionaires and this time I am aiming for way more.
Who we are looking for:
We are super excited to hire our 1st employee. We think design is the most important thing! As the first designer on our team you will:
- Love moving fast, and iterating quickly.
- Be able to do many facets of design. UX, UI, 3D modelling, marketing collateral, and if you don’t know how to do something you will just learn it.
Example of the type of work you’ll be working on:
- Help design the look and feel of the product. Logo, color scheme, tone of voice and more.
- Work with the engineers (us) to develop new features and decide what to put on the roadmap. Both the tactics of what we build next week and the strategy of what big problems to solve for customers next
- Talk to customers and show them new prototypes, to determine what we should build next.
- Great UX design, this includes things like mockups, talking to users.
- Beautiful UI design - any experience with desktop experience is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some coding skills, HTML, CSS, etc.
- £40,000 - £60,000
- Equity you will be the first employee so we want you bought in.
- Remote within 1 hour of London Timezone.
- Top spec macbook pro M1
- Our promise to only have great people to work with.
Both Ricardo and I are technical and can code and we have written a lot of code so far for Workdock. We have a native swift Mac OS app which also runs unity inside it as well. The majority of our backend is currently Firebase with the occasional cloud function in Code as well as a MYSQL database for some longer term stroage. We initial built native IOS and Android apps but have shelved these for now.