Product Manager, Banks and Payments
Modern Treasury builds payments operations solutions. We believe that payment operations is at the core of every business. Our tools automate the full cycle of money movement—from payment initiation, through approvals, to reconciliation—and are accessible through web application or API.
We’re a lean team and we work hard to build outstanding products for our customers. When we succeed, our customers grow.
We are looking for a product manager to lead bank connectivity and payment methods at Modern Treasury. This product manager will own the core infrastructure that enables businesses to use Modern Treasury for money movement globally.
At the core of Modern Treasury is a unified software layer which connects companies to banks and helps them move money via multiple payment rails. We currently partner with over a dozen corporate banks like JP Morgan and Silicon Valley Bank. In addition to domestic payment rails like ACH and wire, we support our customers overseas through local payment schemes in Canada, the EU, the UK, and Australia.
This role will own the roadmap for adding new banks and payment rails to the Modern Treasury platform. They will work closely with our bank partnerships team to build new and extend existing relationships with banks. They will also work closely with engineering to evaluate and build new integrations, with a focus on high reliability that our customers can trust. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a changing and responsive roadmap based on the demands of the customers and partners that we work with.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have a track record of shipping and iterating on products, either as a product manager or founder, for 4+ years
- You are customer-obsessed and want to spend a ton of time with customers and prospects, understanding their business models, their existing flows of funds, and the technical support they require to make their visions happen
- You have gone incredibly deep on a subject before and have an interest in becoming an expert on global money movement
- You have experience working with large organizations with multiple stakeholders and managing roadmaps based on customer needs that can be dynamic and changing over time
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You are technical-literate, meaning you can read API docs and bank specs
- You are experienced diving into data and know SQL, but also know when you shouldn’t be using data
- You are intellectually curious and fascinated by innovative businesses, how they grow, and the technology they need to accelerate that growth
Modern Treasury is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Modern Treasury considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Ruby on Rails for our backend framework
- React for our front end framework
- Postgres for our database
- Redis for caching
- AWS for infrastructure and hosting
- Docker for containerization
- GitHub for source code management
- Buildkite for continuous integration