👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y-Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.
Developer Success at Finch
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers. We value curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. We're passionate about our individual crafts, the hobbies we keep, and the relationships that we build. We are excited to get to know you and learn how we can work together as a team.
About The Role
As our first Developer Success Engineer, you’ll play a key role in delivering a seamless experience to developers exploring and consuming our product. Not only will you be the main point of contact helping customers integrate Finch into their solutions, but you will also be shaping how Finch is perceived by the developer community.
You’ll spend approximately 60-70% of your time communicating with (external and internal) developers and 30-40% of your time diving into technical issues.
What You Will Do
- Spearhead the definition of “developer success” at Finch
- Quickly become an authority in Finch’s APIs, products, and integrations
- Be the main point of contact for getting customers into production
- Troubleshoot technical issues that arise from the developer and diagnose blockers
- Engage customers for feedback to help shape product development
- Improve our documentation to increase product adoption
Who You Are
- A passion for trying out APIs and a taste for good developer experience.
- Strong ability to communicate and empathize with customers.
- Ultimately, a creative problem solver!
Nice to Haves
- Previous founding experience
- Experience working at an API company or on an external-facing API team.
- An itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Node, React, AWS, Postgres, Docker