👋 Welcome — Finch is on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API.
Finch is the API to access payroll and HR systems. Our platform allows employer admins to grant developers access to their systems in a compliant and secure manner. Finch integrates across providers enabling developers to access a previously closed system and reach the source of truth for employee data and money flow. Our API powers use cases across lending, insurance, benefits, FP&A, and HR applications.
We are a Y-Combinator company backed by top investors like General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, BoxGroup and angel investors from firms like Plaid, Brex, Digits, Ramp and Mercury.
Business operations works across various functions to enable Finch's growth. You may dig into new customer verticals, design GTM processes, and establishing customer success best practices. Everything you do will be focused on making a direct impact on Finch's ability to scale and better serve our developer partners. If you like hard problems, are analytical, and are a collaborative teammate, we want to hear from you!
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers. We value execution, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities. We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. We're passionate about our individual crafts, the hobbies we keep, and the relationships that we build. We are excited to get to know you and learn how we can work together as a team.
What You Will Do
- Identify new developer verticals that may need access to workforce data
- Establish outbound sales strategy for sales team members including procedures to maintain the CRM and developer pipeline
- Research the payroll industry and collaborate with the marketing team to draft white papers, case studies, and partnership announcements
- Improve the customer success handbook
- Engage in pricing experiments to better align with developers' usage
- Vet and approve software vendors for internal team use
- Set a high bar for execution, both in terms of quality and speed
- Join the founding team and be a part of all major future decisions
Who You Are
- 2 - 4 years of experience in business operations, sales operations, or marketing operations at a financial, tech, or fintech company
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an organized manner
- Desire to iterate and improve upon existing internal and external facing business processes
- Willingness to take on mission-critical projects and actively communicate challenges and outcomes as they arise
- Ability to clearly document processes so they can be optimized over time
- Comfortable coordinating with multiple parties and building relationships both internally and externally
- Strong written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Previous start up or consulting experience
- Experience working with payroll, HR systems, or API platforms
- An itch to start a company in the future — We will invest in you!
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Node, React, AWS, Postgres, Docker