Renewals Manager (Remote)
We're taking the work out of work orders! Founded in 2014, our mission was to empower technicians, maintenance teams, and facility managers to be more productive through the adoption of new technology.
Today, we have developed a mobile-first, cloud-based solution that is simplifying maintenance requests and asset management across dozens of industries around the world. We're focused on remaining the leading Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) on the market by constantly improving our software as a service (SaaS) and always putting our customers first! UpKeep currently employs 70 amazing people that work together to ensure over 200,000 global users achieve their goals! We've been named the #1 Facility Management Software by Gartner & GetApp, #1 for Usability by Software Advice, and Easiest to Use CMMS by G2 Crowd. We've also been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by Built in LA!
After graduating from Y Combinator, we’ve raised $50M in capital funding (Series A & B) from some of the top VC’s in the world including Emergence Capital, Insight Partners, Battery Ventures, and Bain Capital. Only 1% of venture capital is funneled towards the deskless workforce, yet 80% of the global workforce is not sitting at a desk. We are actively investing in the future of maintenance and the underserved deskless worker.
We are a Y Combinator-backed company (YC W17)
Visit our website to learn more and view our current job openings! https://www.onupkeep.com/
UpKeep is revolutionizing the way businesses manage and repair their facilities and equipment.
We’re a Series B SaaS startup with thousands of customers around the world. We’ve raised $50M in venture capital (Y Combinator, Emergence, Insight) and recently surpassed 100 team members. UpKeep quickly became the #1 cloud-based maintenance and asset management software by constantly innovating and always putting our customers first.
We foster an inclusive culture and strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.
As UpKeep's first Renewals Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring customers receive strategic, timely, and accurate information to renew their contracts. We are looking for someone with experience implementing strategies that successfully increase retention, reduce churn, and provide increased visibility into renewal and churn metrics. You will work directly with the Customer Success team to manage the renewal pipeline.
What you'll do:
- Conduct post-sale renewal and retention activities; including calls, emails, and live chat outreach.
- Actively engage with key decision-makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time renewals.
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts.
- Develop better visibility into our renewal/forecasted churn pipeline and stages, and metrics.
- Increase the renewal rate & decrease churn rate.
- Work closely with Operations, Systems, and Sales and CS Leadership to further refine renewal and retention playbooks.
- Partner with Sales, Legal, and Finance to provide accurate revenue forecasts.
- Work with our CS team to produce a world-class customer experience.
- Discover customer pain points, advocate for them internally to influence product changes.
- Identify and communicate up-sell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth.
- Uncover trends in subscription automation practices that can improve the customer success renewal workflow.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years experience as a CSM, AM, or Renewals Manager— preferably with an enterprise software or SaaS company.
- Renewals and retention management experience is required; quota-carrying experience is a plus.
- Experience handling a pipeline and closing large contracts.
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence stakeholders from various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence.
- Self-starter that thrives in fast-paced environments with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving, organization, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent in-person and web presentations skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (SFDC) required.
- Experience in PLG [Product Led Growth] preferred.
Full-time team members at UpKeep receive stock options, paid holidays, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k), 12-week paid parental leave, affordable health insurance options, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
UpKeep was founded by our CEO, Ryan Chan, based on an idea he had while using outdated desktop software as a process engineer in a manufacturing plant. He believed cloud-based software could significantly improve the workflow and productivity of the technicians he was working with. He was determined to build on this vision— so he quit his job, learned how to code, and created the first version of UpKeep in 2014 while living in his parents garage.
Today, our SaaS solution is modernizing the way thousands of businesses around the world maintain their facilities and equipment. Customers love our mobile-first application because it gives them the ability to manage projects, teams, and work orders on-the-go. We also provide advanced reporting tools and IoT devices which enable them to make data-driven decisions that save their businesses time and money.
We're focused on being the most innovative and easy-to-use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software available. We have thousands of happy customers in industries like manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, agriculture, education, fitness, energy, public works, and property/building management. World-renowned VC’s including Insight Partners, Emergence Capital, and Mucker have confidently backed us since graduating from Y Combinator in 2017.
Company culture, employee appreciation, career growth, and DEI are very important to us— which is why we've been named a "Best Place to Work" several years in a row.
Interested in learning more?
Product Overview: www.onupkeep.com/overview
Customer Stories: https://www.onupkeep.com/customers
Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX7Lak7o0qI
$36M Series B Announcement: https://www.onupkeep.com/blog/upkeep-series-b-funding-announcement/
UpKeep Technologies Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected category. Please let us know if you need any accommodation due to a disability. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and will always strive to create a diverse and equitable workplace by hiring people from all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Native iOS (Objective-C & Swift) Native Android (Java) Frontend (Angular 1 and React) Backend (Node, MongoDB and Postgres) Hosted on AWS managed by mLab