Head of Customer Success + Community
Tydo helps e-commerce Brands optimize their business. We provide visibility into their unit economics, marketing channels and customer retention, allowing Brands to identify their best customers and measure campaign effectiveness.
At Tydo, you’ll get the benefits of working directly in the consumer product world while also tackling exciting data viz and engineering problems. We see learning and collaboration as the best parts of our day and believe spending 10% of your time making the other 90% of your life easier as a good bet. We are meeting-lite, lean, and hungry. That being said, we drop things as soon as we can to help each other out. We enjoy working with each other and are keen on solving grisly eCommerce and logistics problems.
Tydo helps D2C Brands grow with automated analytics and insights.
How much money did I make on an order? What does profitability look like?
You would think this a straight forward and rudimentary question to answer for any D2C brand but you would be shocked many companies can’t answer this. Analytics for eCommerce are broken and brands struggle to fully utilize their data.
Tydo is building a non-technical no-code platform that combines all of their data sources to offer Brands pre-built dashboards and reports within 48 hours. Fast-growing DTC brands are using Tydo to track KPIs, automate cohort reporting, and increase AOV with our segment builder for Facebook and email campaigns.
Tydo’ current target customer is Shopify Brands that are doing $1-50 million in sales (sometimes only 2 people!). They are Brand builders, marketing gurus and product geniuses, not data or finance experts. Nor do they have the budget to hire a data engineering or analyst team. Leveraging our founders' background in finance (Goldman Sachs), fin-tech (Intuit & Clarity Money), eCommerce and machine learning (Intuit & Thanx) we plan to democratize access to powerful analytics that can make or break a business.
We like to move fast and work with Brands that are hustling even faster. Shopify set Black Friday records with $5 Billion + in sales in 24 hours and we’re targeting the fastest growing segment of Shopify merchants: mid-market stores generating $1-50 million in sales. These Brands have a long way to grow as eCommerce only accounts for 11% of the total sales volume (~1.36 Trillion) and eCommerce sales are expected to double in the next 5 years alone.
About the Role:
As the Head of Customer Success + Community you will be central to Tydo’s success, by assisting customers through challenges, providing insights to the product team on the needs of the customer, and building an interconnected group of DTC founders and operators who aim to improve their business. In this role, you will have an incredible opportunity to help DTC businesses thrive through the power of data and informed decision making. As a representative of Tydo, you will be the customer’s partner to utilize the product to achieve their goals.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Your #1 priority would be helping our customers be successful in using Tydo (& ultimately their DTC business), get successfully setup and activated within their first 30 days of being a Tydo customer.
- Educate customers on product features and benefits, by leading brands to the right metric to answer any of their questions.
- Proactively communicating with new customers on slack and email to make sure they are getting the most out of Tydo and implementing into the needs of their business.
- Be one of the leading voices for the customer by working with the Sales, Marketing, and Engineering teams to prioritize the features that will benefit brands the most, compiling product feedback and ideas to help improve our product and communications.
- Track and identify expansion opportunities and churn risks.
- Answer customer help tickets from the in-product experience.
- Build and implement internal processes and guidelines to successfully scale the Customer Success team’s initiatives and product feedback loops.
- Become a keen, passionate expert in all things related to analytics, DTC operations and customer success.
- Create and build a community strategy that connects brand operators with each other, allowing them to gain value from each other’s insights and challenges.
- Contribute to Tydo’s education program and frequently asked questions along with the product marketing team.
Our ideal fit:
- You have 4+ years of customer support, community management, community building, or education in any of the following industries: DTC, emerging technologies, analytics, business or SaaS (if you don’t have experience all of these, we’d still want to hear from you)
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and easy/fun to be around.
- You are passionate about the DTC/E-commerce, Analytics, and SaaS
- You are a people person. You like making connections and ultimately helping people is core to who you are.
- You're always thinking about the customer first and taking the initiative to fix the root cause of customer issues.
- You understand that the customer is most important but that the company vision and product roadmap is important too. You have the ability to weigh the challenges of demanding customers with the priorities of the internal product team.
- You have experience working with CS tools. If not, you are willing to learn and take that approach to other tools you might not be familiar with.
- You have the ability to get up to speed on a new topic very quickly and you have a deep curiosity and drive to master new subject areas in order to authentically support the customer.
- You have a profoundly collaborative mindset and approach to work. You recognize that, especially as we continue to define our team structure, roles are somewhat fluid. You are willing to pitch in outside of your direct job description and become an expert in new areas.
- A true self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, managing your own priorities and adapting where challenges and opportunities are commonplace. You are enthusiastic about remote work.
Hard problems we're solving:
We are in the data business. We move it, store it, transform it, and visualize it.
Analytics: we provide our customers with a full-service product for understanding their business. By aggregating transactional, marketing, and operations data and running (fast) calculations over them, we help them save money and decide where to invest it. Some key projects include scaling data infrastructure, calculating aggregate metrics offline, and new metric creation.
Powerful dashboards: telling a story around why a business is growing (or hurting) is personal. We spend time building meaningful visualizations anchored in marketing best practices and sound accounting. We are currently working on surfacing metrics such as product purchase paths and customer segmentation, among others.
Machine Learning: we help Brands plan for the future using modern predictive techniques. Some modelling projects include Item bundling, inventory forecasting, and sales projections.