We're building LiveFlow to help companies manage their finances with confidence and ease.
Every company has to control its budget and its cash, but too many startups drown before they ever get to see regular and reliable numbers. The lucky ones invest a ton of time and tedious effort to pull their disparate data together every month. For most, the solution is a mix of fragile spreadsheets and flakey scripts. We want to fix that.
Don't get us wrong; spreadsheets are an amazing tool – and scripts can be pretty great too! Spreadsheets are so useful in fact that it's estimated that as many as one billion people use them every month¹. However... Their flexibility and versatility come at the expense of simplicity and maintainability.
We can do better by allowing businesses to easily integrate their own financial data sources. We can do better by automatically updating reports and dashboards, as soon as new data becomes available. We can do better by intelligently detecting errors, anomalies, and even opportunities.
We believe that we can do even better than that.
LiveFlow helps companies pipe and organise all financial data into a single source of truth. Finance Teams have lived in Excel manually aggregating data for the past 30 years, and it is our time to change it.
You will solve problems that will shape the future of the finance industry many years ahead.
You will join an experienced team: we worked together building financial products at Revolut, a $5.5B company.
LiveFlow is backed by Seedcamp and Y Combinator
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Product Designer to help us design our product architecture almost from the ground up, accelerate our path to find Product-Market fit and shape the first version of our product to acquire our first hundreds of customers.
WHAT MAKES THIS ROLE UNIQUE?
- You will be the first Product Designer in the team, so you will play a vital role in how we think about our design decisions and product architecture.
- You will join before we have publicly launched the product and found product-market fit, so you will run an iterative product design process until we get there.
- You will work directly with our founding team and not only influence design decisions, but also play a vital role in how we build the company and the organization.
- You will be part of the company when things are still quite messy, not all processes are set up and we have the ability to move extremely fast.
WHAT PROBLEMS WILL YOU NEED TO SOLVE?
- You need to build a consistent and scalable design system and UI-kit that can scale across our whole product and brand.
- You need to work closely with our customers to fully understand their pain points, not just the high-level ones. You need to deeply understand all the small details of how finance teams operate, so you can figure out what a 10x solution looks like.
- You need to work closely with our engineering team to create a top-notch process for implementing your design decisions
- You need to improve our existing product flows to make the UX even better
- You need to figure out how our product can go from being a weekly/monthly use case to become a daily use case for finance teams.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS ROLE?
You will love this role if:
- You love building products from 0 to 1
- You love to be a part of startups where everything is not defined yet
- You love to work really closely with customers to figure out their pains
- You love the iterative process of finding product market fit
- You love to work in small, execution-driven and fast-moving small teams
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A deep understanding of design principles and user behavior
- Experience building and shipping best in class tech products
- Experience collaborating on software projects with Product Owners and Engineers
- Advanced skills in Figma or Sketch
- An impressive portfolio of your prior design work
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in small teams at high speed
- Being empathetic and attentive to what customers say
- 3+ years at another high-growth tech start-up
- You have previously been a part of the process of taking a company from 0-1 and you love the process of finding product-market fit.
- You have tried to launch your own company before. It’s totally fine if it failed.
- You have a track record of being a top-performer (I.e top-grades, performed sports at a high-level or similar)
- You have a good understanding of HTML, CSS, and a bit of JS
WHAT WE OFFER:
- To be one of the first employees at LiveFlow and not only help shape the product but shape the whole organization and build it into a billion-dollar company
- The opportunity to build world-class products to help millions of companies make their financial decisions better
- A generous stock option package
- The ability to learn from the best people from the tech industry
Backend: an Elixir/Phoenix application, deployed on AWS via Terraform
Frontend: a React application using NextJS, TypeScript, and TailwindCSS, hosted on Vercel