Director of Business Operations
Our mission is to help businesses reward and incentivize anyone in the world, easily and instantly. Our clients distribute millions of rewards (gift cards, Visa cards & money) for market research compensation, refer-a-friend programs, customer loyalty, rebates, employee recognition and many other purposes.
We’ve grown 300% over the past year, we're already very profitable and some of our notable enterprise clients include Spotify, Atlassian, Pinterest, and IBM.
See a demo of our product here: www.tremendous.com/demo
Tremendous is a platform for companies to send incentives, like gift cards, seamlessly to recipients around the world.
We operate at a global scale, servicing hundreds of enterprise clients and millions of incentive recipients. We’ve paid out hundreds of millions of dollars globally and have 3X-ed revenue over the past year.
We're a 20 person team, including the former COO of AngelList, one of the first ten engineers at Plaid, and the former VP of Marketing at Fleetsmith (acquired by Apple this summer).
We're looking for a candidate with superb analytical skills to fill our Business Ops / Strategy role.
What you'll be doing
- Owning business metrics You'll create critical business reports and distribute them to key stakeholders. It will be your job to ensure that team members have the right data to make informed decisions across multiple departments including Product, Sales, Ops and Marketing.
- Auditing and refining business processes You'll be responsible for making sure that our business processes are efficient and understood across the organization. There will be particular emphasis on sales ops to optimize our pipeline funnel.
- Managing important sales tasks You'll be creating Excel models to build pricing proposals for important prospects and helping with the contracting process when clients have unique needs.
What we're looking for
- Exceptional quantitative skills, including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to derive insights from data.
- Great written and oral communication skills. You'll be interfacing with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Track record of leading complicated projects and bringing them across the finish line.
- Comfort with ambiguity. We're a 20 person company, and there's still a lot to figure out. That should be exciting to you.
What's cool about the role
- You'll get to work with experienced startup founders.
- Nick Baum, CEO, has over a decade's experience building successful businesses in the gifting & incentives space. Previously he worked in quantitative finance.
- Kapil Kale, COO, was the former COO of AngelList Talent. He ran the company growth team, and managed production of the AngelList newsletter for 2+ years.
- Ben Plesser, CTO, was one of the first ten engineers at Plaid.
- You'll have significant responsibility and autonomy.
- You'll be doing high leverage work that has major impact on the trajectory of the business.
- You'll work on a fast growing team
- We're growing fast. Revenue has 3x'd over the last year, and the team size has grown quickly too. Growth means more opportunities to learn and define strategy.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- We're a remote company. Work from where you want.
Rails, React, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis
Building the infrastructure for global payments from businesses to individuals.