Customer Support Manager (Technical)
Smarking is a group of hyper-driven MIT PhDs, data scientists, engineers, transportation experts, and battle-tested business professionals working to solve the notorious parking problem via a unique enterprise approach. Smarking aims to enable highly efficient urban mobility by digitizing parking spaces and distributing parking inventory dynamically, in order to get the world ready for the connected, shared, and autonomous future.
Backed by top VCs like Y Combinator and Khosla Ventures, Smarking has brought its solution to over 2,500 parking locations across North America. For the first time, cities, parking asset owners, and parking operators can make data-driven decisions easily. Smarking also launched the industry’s first fully automatic dynamic pricing engine, producing 40%-400% revenue uplifts for online sales at at parking locations Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities.
Skills: SQL, ETL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
REMOTE /CSM /FULL-TIME Apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/smarking/7f53b98c-3cbe-41ec-b1ef-025f93c70a06/apply
This is an excellent position for a highly capable and successful professional with technical background, empathy for customers, and excellent communication and problem solving skills, who's ready to take on bigger responsibilities and a leap of faith, to not only continue tackling tricky technical support problems and making customers happy, but also help scale the customer support practice following the rapid growth of the product features, client and user base, and solution suites on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, this role will be responsible for expeditiously resolving customer support tickets with great resolution quality and customer communication to promote retention and customer loyalty with Smarking. Although initially an individual contributor role, ideal candidates will be ready and able to assume managerial responsibilities.
- Learn Smarking products inside and out.
- Day to day ownership of the Smarking customer support work results with high speed and quality
- Capture, respond, resolve, and track all inbound customer support requests
- Work cross-functionally with Account and Customer Success Managers, Implementation reps, and Engineers to proactively identify, communicate, and resolve customer issues
- QA of the Smarking system including new releases
- Provide feedback to engineering to influence bug fixes and product enhancements
- Document, streamline, and improve Smarking's customer support practice
- Helping build and embody a deep seeded customer focused organization and culture
- Professional interactions with parking industry peers
- 3+ years work experience
- Customer support experience with a well-known, and customer-centric organization
- Technical experience in SQL: ability to write and debug queries and statements
- Familiarity with Basic network and IT infrastructure management, ETL frameworks, quality assurance, and AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS, and ECS) is a plus
- A proven track record of goal attainment and overachievement, delivering exceptional customer service and support, and great communications with customers and colleagues
- Proficiency in JIRA, Salesforce, Excel, Google Suite
- PostgreSQL: ability to write and debug queries and statements
- Customer first
- Hungry for responsibility, impact, and growth
- Humble to learn, curious to learn, open-minded to learn
- Team player
- Strong sense of ownership
- Treat others with respect, empathy, and constructive candor
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and bonus.
- 100% coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurances.
- 401K plan with 3% company hard match.
- $100 monthly data plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Expenses for setting up home-office.
Email your resume to [email protected] for an interview! Apply here: Apply here: https://jobs.lever.co/smarking/7f53b98c-3cbe-41ec-b1ef-025f93c70a06/apply
Smarking is a group of passionate MIT PhDs, data scientists, Silicon Valley engineers, and battle-tested business professionals, committed to enable highly efficient urban mobility by building the digital infrastructure for the massively overlooked $131B parking industry.
Smarking is hired by organizations like Brookfield Properties, City of Miami, ABM Industry Groups, and many other enterprise industry leaders to turn their parking data into business results. Smarking's dynamic pricing engine has been creating 40%-400% revenue uplift for online parking sales at parking facilities in Chicago, NYC, Boston, and many other cities, without any manual involvement required from property managers, leveraging fully automatic algorithm-driven yield management technologies similar to the airline and hotel industries.
By providing the very first business intelligence and yield management enterprise SaaS to the parking industry, Smarking is establishing itself as an emerging leader in the US parking market. Smarking currently works with 2,500+ parking locations cross North America, based in San Francisco, and backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator.
Our backend system provides API endpoints through microservices, most of which are written in Python. Our tech stack includes Docker, Postgresql, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, flask, nginx, terraform, and AWS services such as EC2, S3, SQS, and ECS.
Our front-end is mostly written in ES6. Our tech stack includes React, Redux, and Flow. We use mocha, chai, enzyme, and selenium for testing. We use webpack for packaging, and docker for containerization. And we’re constantly trying new tools and practices to be the best we can.