MBA Intern: Chief of Staff, Strategy & Operations
We're building Parade to give people the joy of creating something that makes them proud. Through a series of simple questions, Parade’s machine learning-based software helps startup founders articulate the vision for their company, translate it into a design aesthetic, and launch it online in under 10 minutes. Parade makes it easy to create a website, marketing emails, social media posts, and more, all without a graphic designer.
We’re an experienced team funded by Y Combinator, Harvard Business School, Accel Ventures, GoAhead Ventures, and an amazing list of angel investors. Our team has past accomplishments in startups and venture capital, including at Strava, General Assembly, and more.
We are looking for an MBA intern to join us as a Chief of Staff this summer. In this role, you will lead a variety of strategic projects across the company, and get your hands dirty with everything from initiating sales and partnerships, to running product analysis, scaling our approach to customer support, and testing new marketing campaigns. Expect a combination of longer, more autonomous projects alongside ad-hoc assignments to support various internal priorities.
- You are likely an MBA candidate
- You are eager to get your hands dirty and work with our data directly to tell stories that inform business and product decisions
- You are adept at meeting customers and prospective partners and listening to understand their needs
- You can function and prioritize independently, and do not need a significant amount of direction
- You are organized and have a great ability to thrive in an ever-changing start-up environment
- You have a proven track record of meeting goals and keeping projects on pace
- You work effectively across different teams, from marketing to growth to product
- You are a great teammate and collaborator
Working at Parade
Our founders met at Harvard Business School and value lifelong learners from all perspectives and walks of life. We create an objective forum for the best ideas to rise to the top, regardless of where they come from. We’re committed to building a team that brings a variety of life and professional experiences to work.
Taking care of one another enables us to do our best work. We have a fully-remote, collaborative team culture that encourages pairing, iteration, and impact. Once we’re all vaccinated, we’ll resume our quarterly company retreats at rotating destinations where we collaborate in person. In between, our remote culture enables us to spend more time outdoors and with our loved ones. You can always bring your dog to work.
We use algorithms to do design. Generally, we're using color theory, math, and psychology to do work that rivals human graphic designers. If you're interested in procedural generation or algorithmic design, you might find what we're working on particularly interesting.
To date, we've taken a full-stack Python approach and will likely continue to use a Python-based backend long term.