Sales & Marketing Team Member
Homestead turns extra space into income. We're committed to solving the housing crisis through revitalizing existing space. We make it effortless for homeowners to turn their garages, basements, rooms, and yards into rental units. By aligning homeowners with financing, contractors, and rental management we turn an overwhelming experience into a life-changing home addition.
Homestead: About Us
At Homestead we upcycle extra space in homes—garages, extra rooms, backyards—into rental apartments. We have one goal: help solve America's housing crisis.
As homes and rent become more expensive, homeowners can't afford to buy, and there are no decent or affordable living spaces for most renters. Homestead solves both issues, providing a platform where adding a source of income and a unit of housing is as easy as saying yes!
We're backed by Y Combinator (W20) Foundation Capital, the Worlds Largest Reinsurer (MunichRe), MIT's E14 fund and fellow YC founders! We are pragmatic idealists, and we're looking for high-energy team members with a strong belief in social justice, affordable housing, and fair living for all. All team members receive equity.
You'll be part of the face of Homestead: educating potential customers, building brand awareness, and spreading our mission. As an early member of the team, you'll contribute to marketing and acquisition strategies, create content, and work with other team members on creating new initiatives!
- Educating prospective customers about Homestead's product and mission.
- Cold-calling prospects via phone and email daily.
- Building and maintaining a pipeline in CRM.
- Scheduling face to face visits with clients.
- Site visits to review customer properties (virtual & in-person).
- Monitor social media platforms for relevant content, and direct customer/commenter feedback.
- Post content on those platforms.
- Collaborate on marketing, direct sales and growth strategies.
- Assist in creating sales & brand content (blogging, decks, social media content.
- Self-Starter: able to create new work, strong desire to surpass goals, and ability to self-direct.
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in sales, prospecting, political canvassing, cold-calling, or direct outreach a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills, especially over the phone.
- Experience using a CRM platform &/or ability to quickly master any no-code software platform (they are not that hard to use)
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Willingness to work some weekends (with time off during week).
Currently, we're enabled by low to no-code solutions—we're excited to take our next steps by adding engineers to our growing team! We think we're a perfect fit for a full-stack engineer who wants to solve some of the most important problems of our time—and is excellent at integrating existing solutions into a single platform.