Electrical Hardware Engineer
$80k - $120k •
The mission of PowerX is to combat climate change.
PowerX uses revolutionary, patented hardware and artificial intelligence to save up to 50% of water, water heating and electricity cost for home owners and businesses. This amounts to Gigatons of CO2 not emitted!
There is no other energy solution that can offer a similar combination of energy insight, AI selected savings and price.
PowerX is on a mission to save people money and drastically reduce carbon emissions.
We're a climate-tech startup that has developed a series of innovative, non-invasive sensors and cutting-edge software that gives homeowners and property managers real-time, actionable data to reduce their electricity and gas usage, water consumption, and carbon emissions (a money-printing machine for homes).
But wait, there’s more! Our sensors can convert water heaters into thermal batteries, creating the world’s largest distributed battery network. Adding resilience to power grids and building capacity for renewable energy.
PowerX recently closed an oversubscribed Seed round and is backed by some of the world's most respected venture funds and angels including Y Combinator, Antler, and senior executives from Tesla, SpaceX, and Hyperloop! We help put more money in people's pockets, and less carbon in the air.
Job Description: PowerX is looking for a talented hardware engineer to lead our product development, refine our existing sensor suite and bring new energy products to life! Our ideal candidate will have a passion for energy and IoT technology that works to mitigate the impact of climate change.
What you'll be doing:
- Roll up your sleeves to build, we're looking for someone who gets his hands dirty and builds products
- Innovate and build new products in the energy space that may include sensors, batteries, solar solutions or other to consolidate and expand our existing sensor suite
- Improve existing products and PCBs
- Program and improve the firmware for PCBs and our LoRa network
- Collaborate closely with the product team to improve existing products and get new products to market
Who we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of direct engineering and development experience and product development and managing teams
- Experience having brought products from idea to market (ideally including knowledge on hardware use case development, designing PCBs, DFA and similar analysis, design to pass certification FCC, UL/ETL/TÜV)
- Excellent communications skills
- Comfort with an early stage fast-paced start-up environment where you'll be building processes and products as we go
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple times zones and countries
- Excited to contribute and help shape our company's culture
PowerX is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Compensation and Benefits Package offered to employees:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits including health, vision, dental, and more
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate remote work
PowerX combines patented hardware with cutting-edge machine learning to bring plug-and-play energy efficiency to the masses.
PowerX needs only three controllers (Heat, Water, Electricity) to cover an entire building or factory:
PowerX Heat runs water heaters more efficiently. It works plug-and-play with most existing gas and electric water heaters (>100 million) converting even heaters from the 80s into smart home batteries. That is a USD 100 billion market.
PowerX Water is the world's first non-invasive, no maintenance, low cost water meter. It uses ultrasound and Artificial Intelligence to tell apart the end usage (e.g. shower, faucet) of water usage and suggest savings. It can also detect leaks and avoid flooding disasters.
PowerX Electricity measures the electromagnetic pulses in the circuit breaker box more than 1 million times per second. Its artificial intelligence can tell apart hundreds of difference appliances by their electromagnetic signature, pinpoint inefficient devices, identify savings and warn if an appliance starts acting weirdly.
For enterprises, PowerX offers a full-fledged CO2 analysis software, capturing CO2 inventory, comparing it against policy targets and using artificial intelligence to suggest CO2 mitigation options.