Middesk is building the trust layer between businesses. Where trust between businesses used to rely on a handshake, building trust between modern companies requires tools that deliver complete and reliable data at scale. Middesk is on a mission to redefine how businesses build trusted relationships.
Today, there are no reliable and scalable solutions for understanding the legitimacy, trustworthiness, or credit capacity of a business. We're building the end-to-end solution for companies to verify, screen, and monitor their customers. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Middesk is a Y Combinator company and is backed by the top VCs in the world including Accel and Sequoia Capital. We’re led by an experienced team that has experience growing and scaling companies like Checkr and Zendesk.
Middesk's mission is to enable every business to access the products and services they need to grow and thrive. We believe that if we can make it easy for a business to access financial products, hire new employees, and transact with other businesses, that we increase the odds of success for that business to contribute to its community and the broader economy.
Our Identity provides accurate, complete information that financial services companies need to make efficient onboarding decisions. Our Agent product makes it easy for employers to file with the state and federal agencies needed to establish their business across the country. Our customers include Affirm, Brex, Plaid, Mercury, Divvy, Rippling, Gusto, and others.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Middesk is backed by Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and Y Combinator.
- As our first Product Manager, you play a critical role in bringing Middesk's products and services from concept to delivery, driving meaningful business outcomes for our customers. In addition to tactical execution against our product objectives, we expect you to partner closely with leadership, internal teams, and our customers to shape and define our broader product strategy and roadmap. This role is highly cross-functional and will influence every part of our business — from GTM to Operations.
Why We Need You
- We're fortunate to be seeing strong adoption and a pull from the market for our core data services, driving the need to invest deeper into our primary offering. In addition, we see several opportunities to expand our offering, allowing us to to deepen our relationships with our current customers.
- We've recently launched our new Agent product and are working to execute against multiple product tracks, in parallel. As a small team, it's critical that we understand what we're working on, why, and how so that we can effectively progress against our objectives.
- Product is a shared responsibility today between our founders and the broader team. As we have increased the team and customer base, our resourced are constrained. We know that we need additional support to accelerate how we bring our product and services to market.
- We need your help refining our approach to developing our roadmap and milestones, and tactically executing against the goals that we've set for ourselves.
What You Will Achieve
- You will launch new data products and APIs that will power decision making across all of B2B financial services.
- You will materially influence the direction of Middesk's suite of products and overall product strategy.
- You will implement the tools, procedures, and best practices required to support a world class product and engineering organization.
- You will build a strong feedback loop between customers, go-to-market, operational, and product/engineering teams that will help influencing our product strategy.
Experience that would help you succeed: (Note, we don't expect you to spike in all aspects, but to grow there in time)
- Experience managing technical products: You have led the development of technical products from kick-off to ship. You understand and can speak to the needs of developers. You can dive into the technical details of complex projects, while being able to explain those same principles to a non-technical audience.
- Track record of customer obsession: You do whatever it takes to make your team and end user successful, whether that means writing a QA plan, managing support on Twitter, or rethinking your approach to a problem.
- Strong writer, clear communicator: You have strong written and verbal skills. You're able to quickly digest complex topics or customer problems and clearly articulately your perspective.
- Driven: This person has some experience in the past that lends itself to being able to dive in on tactical problems, while also being able to scale with the company as the needs change. Some examples, may be success in consulting, business/law school, founding a company, and/or a highly impactful role during the growth phase at a high-growth startup.
Why You'll Love Working Here
- Curiosity to go deep: We are all working to get better at our craft. We don't expect you to be perfect day #1, but we want you to share our appetite for constant learning and improvement.
- Moving forward together: We're in this together, you will always have support from your cross functional counterparts. We achieve our results as a team....and celebrate as a team ;)!
- Customer empathy and advocacy: Our customer's problems are our problems. Our team works very hard to understand core issues and create novel solutions. We expect you to advocate for their perspective in where we need to focus.
- Personal and professional development: We're early in our journey, which means that there is an opportunity to learn how each piece of our business works. Whether you're looking to understand how product management, fundraising, or hiring works, you can be sure that we'll be able to position work to help you develop in these areas.
Middesk is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Middesk is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
We are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If any accommodations are needed during the interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
React, Rails, PostgreSQL, Airflow, Dataflow, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform