Senior Product Designer
The most amazing things are created by people. We want to unleash the potential of individuals and teams, so that they can go forward and further – faster. At Impraise, we believe that seizing moments to celebrate, learn, and improve (no matter the day), can transform roles into careers. We made it our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their day-to-day progress and long-term career development. We are here to make the process of management easier, especially for new engineering managers. We have a passion for designing beautiful products and we like to work with people who can bring in new skills, experience, and energy! You can read more about our company core values here to learn more about the behaviors we value at Impraise.
Product design is at the core of the Impraise product team. In this role you create and test concepts for new features, translate high level ideas into concrete solutions, and you are a central figure of one or more feature teams. Product designers are great collaborators and work together with our engineers, product managers to deliver value to our customers.
Our teams take real ownership over the product and work with specific targets to improve our platform. This way they have the freedom to decide how to influence the success of Impraise.
As a senior product designer you’ll be part of the team working on our new product – Teambase. We are a group of people passionate about design and branding with the goal of delivering products that address real user needs and push design to the next level.
We’re on a mission to empower people to unleash their potential in their roles and career. We’ve been doing that with our Impraise product, a performance management platform that helps companies foster performance, career development, and all the moments that happen in between.
A typical week in the shoes of a Senior Product Designer at Impraise:
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form delightful new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Collaborate with your product manager and engineering lead to improve the design process and its quality
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components and interactions.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to define and evolve product roadmaps.
- Together with Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing, and Customer Success you’ll launch your work for tens of thousands of users worldwide.
- We’ll learn together through design reviews, co-designing sessions and regular workshops.
- At the end of the week, you’ll celebrate your accomplishments and learnings with the team during our company stand-up.
What we look for:
- 7+ years experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modelling, through to detailed UI, visual and interaction design
- Ability to understand business problems and use them in your design decision
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools
- A self-starter mindset mixed with deep enjoyment of collaboration.
- A passion for listening and learning from users.
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (e.g. Framer, Principle or Invision)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- A balanced sense of optimism and humility
What we offer
- Vacation policy: 25 paid vacation days a year
- Competitive salary
- Work from home or work from the office: we have adopted a hybrid way of working that supports your preference (and depends on COVID regulations of course). Our office is in Amsterdam.
- Health allowance so you can get your sweat on or practice your crane pose
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- A lot of [digital] fun things such as zoom-charades, Halloween quiz, cake delivery for your birthday, we held our 6th Birthday Bash & Winter Party digitally and have sent our Impraisers goodies to enjoy at home
We are looking for skilled enthusiastic engineers to help us in our mission. You will be fully involved in the development and shaping of our new product; right now we have a greenfield situation.
- Frontend: React, Apollo
- Backend: Elixir, Ruby ( CQRS/ES)
- Infra: AWS, Kubernetes, etc